By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Check Out 360's 1080p Smooth Streaming Tech Now

I have an IPTV setup provided by UK's BT called BT Vision it uses Microsoft Mediaroom so if this solution came through this setup then I know for sure I would use it but I know what you mean.

Also the BT Vision thing is key for me as my ISP does not count data through that service against me with regards to network shaping although currently the QOS is only 2mb, still I suppose that would be enough to maintain the quality.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network
nordlead said:
welshbloke said:
Convenience and ease of use score highly though nordlead which may influence you at a latter date.

sure, but I have netflix streaming, and various online TV stations streaming in HD that looked almost as good, but with a slightly longer start up and the occasional hickup if my connection gets poor (rarely). While convenient I rarely use them and much rather prefer watching TV over the air and my movies on the Blu-Ray disc that showed up in the mail that day.

As I said, it is fairly impressive, but I probably won't be using it unless they replace netflixs current system with it and even then I don't watch streaming off netflix that often.

It's highly likely that Netflix will use this technology for their stuff once it's released... they are running the software anyway so upgrading their back end shouldn't cause any problems and speed of starting up and loosing those stupid checking connection screens would be great