By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA HAS A NEW HANDHELD IN DEVELOPMENT FORCE FEEDBACK TOUCHSCREENS.........

Xen said:
superchunk said:
Xen said:
SEGA makes nothing new in hardware, jeez. Why won't you people let go of it already? the company only had 2 good consoles anyway... the Saturn and the Dreamcast.

wow, just wow. From this point on your opinions are blocked from my view.

Be my guest. The Genesis is infinitely inferior to the SNES, and only has a handful of good games, unlike the Saturn.

Please don't come into a SEGA thread and start talking about how SEGA systems suck, and what systems are better..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
Xen said:
SEGA makes nothing new in hardware, jeez. Why won't you people let go of it already? the company only had 2 good consoles anyway... the Saturn and the Dreamcast.

Genesis and Master System were pretty good too...

Sega handheld with Valkyria Chronicles 2 confirmed?
And Skies of Arcadia 2!
And, dare I say it, a Sonic game that doesn't suck!
And they'll have Platinum Games and Tri-Ace working for them.

superchunk said:
rafichamp said:
ROFL, with the PSP Go coming out, does SEGA really have a chance?

PSPGo, hahahahaha, PSPGo doesn't even have a chance.

PSPGo will *go* away like the Gameboy Micro.

This (if real) has a chance if it is priced at $199 at the most.

The PSP Go will have a 50 million selling predecessor and GT Mobile backing it at launch, plus the biggest non Nintendo handheld game library ever...

This is backed by what? A mediocre 3rd party developer ( budget wise), a dead mascot and a previos failure system?

Lets be realistick, Sega is fooling themselves if they think that a rebirth can e possible just from nostalgia ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

axumblade said:
superchunk said:
axumblade said:
People talk way too much trash on these forums.

The PSP Go! will do fine when it comes to sales. They'll probably drop the price at some point. Comparing it to a Gameboy Micro proves that you have no idea of anything about the PSP Go! but considering that was a response to completely fanboy driven statement, I'll dismiss that as a super defensive statement.

As for the Sega handheld, if it actually exists and comes out, I hope it's a success, I used to love my Game Gear. But haven't there been reports of sega working on a console before that have either turned up wrong or have been cancelled?

Kinda off topic, sorry OP; but you're (axumblade) wrong. The PSPGo does nothing to advance the PSP and everything to hinder it. It's more expensive, can't play the existing library, has no new features that couldn't be done on PSP3000.

Similar to Micro, it adds nothing but a physical change that isn't even an improvement like DSL to DSphat.

Of course they'll drop the price, but that isn't the only thing it lacks. Granted this is just my opinion, however, I am not just a fanboy without logic as you should know.

The only way PSPGo will take off is if Sony drops PSP3000 without a succesor and gives full support to it in everyway. However, since Sony thus far has said it is to be a 2nd line, it will fade away similar to micro. B E L I E V E it.

It adds bluetooth capability (which allows you to use both bluetooth devices or a PS3 controller if you'd prefer the layout of it), takes away from the annoying load times of the UMD's, and makes it easier to buy niche games that are coming out on the PSP so I don't have to attempt to catch Gamestop right as they open so I can buy the only copy of the game in the area that I live in (I'll just say the Prinny game as a prime example). 

As for the existing library, Sony are supposedly working on the Good Will program for people who own a lot of UMD's that are early adoptors of the handheld. My guess is that they are going to try to offer a digital download for a UMD disc. I'm not 100% sure. I also believe that's a hidden fee behind the 250 dollar price tag since it's only going to be available to an early amount of people who are buying the system.

Also, the physical change allows for it to be slightly more portable and to be carried around in a pocket.

And if you would have paid attention to what you were replying to, you'd realize I was referring to rafichamp with that statement hense why I said "that was a response to completely fanboy driven statement." I wasn't accusing you of being a fanboy, you just haven't done as much research or read as much about it as I have. And don't throw that "b e l i e v e" shit at me because I do have all of the current consoles and enjoy them all.

Only about 1% of people (probably some core gamers) care enough about those features to buy the new thing. Reality is that a large majority of people will prefer a cheaper DSi with touch screen and a better game's library.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Xen said:

Genesis and Master System were pretty good too...

Never touched a master system myself (some emulation at best)... and I'd rate the Genesis "okay". It has good games, but not a lot IMO... which doesn't place it as good in my eyes.

axumblade said:

It adds bluetooth capability (which allows you to use both bluetooth devices or a PS3 controller if you'd prefer the layout of it), takes away from the annoying load times of the UMD's, and makes it easier to buy niche games that are coming out on the PSP so I don't have to attempt to catch Gamestop right as they open so I can buy the only copy of the game in the area that I live in (I'll just say the Prinny game as a prime example). 

As for the existing library, Sony are supposedly working on the Good Will program for people who own a lot of UMD's that are early adoptors of the handheld. My guess is that they are going to try to offer a digital download for a UMD disc. I'm not 100% sure. I also believe that's a hidden fee behind the 250 dollar price tag since it's only going to be available to an early amount of people who are buying the system.

Also, the physical change allows for it to be slightly more portable and to be carried around in a pocket.

And if you would have paid attention to what you were replying to, you'd realize I was referring to rafichamp with that statement hense why I said "that was a response to completely fanboy driven statement." I wasn't accusing you of being a fanboy, you just haven't done as much research or read as much about it as I have. And don't throw that "b e l i e v e" shit at me because I do have all of the current consoles and enjoy them all.

1. bluetooth - ok, so you can leave it closed on the table to play w/ ps3 controller. yeah. not a systems seller. (I do not see any av/out ports anywhere to connect to a tv, so i don't see this as a benefit, plus, i'd expect the games made for pspgo to utilize its features, not ps3 controller ones.

2. umd loading - tru, but as i mentioned, dl games could have been pushed to psp3000 just as easy.

3. no store stops - even though i'd prefer dl only gaming, it still has too many limitations right now and i bet this will be more of a limitation than a selling point. Again, it could have been done on psp3000 as well.

4. Good Will program - If its anything like what they did for PS3 backwards compatibility, it'll hurt them. I'm betting this will have a cost associated and will have some limitations on which games can even do it as it has way too much piracy implications.

5. New look - screen's still gonna get scratched too easy for it to be a close and put in pocket sort of thing like DS. You'll still need a case.

While you may have read more PR stuff, you're still not looking at it objectionably. It was a very poor design and implementation choice for Sony. It doesn't add its price worth of benefits over the psp3000.

If I were buying a psp, it would be the 3000 until Sony says its going away. If it had multi-touch screen, av/outs, and two thumbsticks, then I could see the money. OR if it was the same price.

Thus far PSP3000 >> PSPGo.

EDIT: They should have put out a PSP4000 w/ bluetooth. Same thing.

Guys look at it this way, Sony is still in the video game market, and SEGA isint.

^But Sega has Valkyria Chronicles :p

axumblade said:
rafichamp said:
Guys look at it this way, Sony is still in the video game market, and SEGA isint.

...And if Sega gets back in the market, they might actually make quality versions of their older games (Golden Axe, Sonic the Hedgehog), bring back old franchises (Shenmue, Comix Zone) or make new installments of new series (Valkyria Chronicles, Yakuza).

And don't jinx Sony, they have great games coming out but they aren't out of the woods just yet. They have to make it through the next few months before their biggest titles even start coming out.

They can do it as a third as well.