By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA HAS A NEW HANDHELD IN DEVELOPMENT FORCE FEEDBACK TOUCHSCREENS.........

disolitude said:

Well I clicked... couldn't resist. My thinking was - maybe its a credible site...no wait...it isn't...FAAK!

Well, i don't blame you. I had clicked it myself too if i weren't familiar with the FGN already. The site was just recently "reopened" after being closed in 2001:
http://www.bigkid.com.au/2001/11/29/sad-news-closure-of-fgnonline/
If you do a websearch with the sites name, you'll find their "news" linked on quite a few sites.

FGN also faked a post of Seganerds moderator on their forum.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Interesting. Wonder what the launch price would be, over $200 and its not gonna do so well.

However, you would think that SEGA realized since GameGear you can't beat a Gameboy solely off of power. Hell, Sony didn't even learn that lesson.

True, but the PSP has still done pretty darn well in a market that was formerly always dominated by Nintendo. Granted, the DS is still outselling the PSP by a ton, but the PSP isn't doing bad itself with almost 50 million sold.

superchunk said:
rafichamp said:
ROFL, with the PSP Go coming out, does SEGA really have a chance?

PSPGo, hahahahaha, PSPGo doesn't even have a chance.

PSPGo will *go* away like the Gameboy Micro.

This (if real) has a chance if it is priced at $199 at the most.

I don't think the Go will "go" away. Sony won't keep it at that insanely high price forever; I'd imagine we'll see a price cut sometime early next year. Hopefully something that will put it under $200.

I don't think that Sega would release a handheld for more than $200 when the DS and PSP 3k are both under that price and have much larger game libraries.

insomniac17 said:
superchunk said:
Interesting. Wonder what the launch price would be, over $200 and its not gonna do so well.

However, you would think that SEGA realized since GameGear you can't beat a Gameboy solely off of power. Hell, Sony didn't even learn that lesson.

True, but the PSP has still done pretty darn well in a market that was formerly always dominated by Nintendo. Granted, the DS is still outselling the PSP by a ton, but the PSP isn't doing bad itself with almost 50 million sold.

superchunk said:
rafichamp said:
ROFL, with the PSP Go coming out, does SEGA really have a chance?

PSPGo, hahahahaha, PSPGo doesn't even have a chance.

PSPGo will *go* away like the Gameboy Micro.

This (if real) has a chance if it is priced at $199 at the most.

I don't think the Go will "go" away. Sony won't keep it at that insanely high price forever; I'd imagine we'll see a price cut sometime early next year. Hopefully something that will put it under $200.

I don't think that Sega would release a handheld for more than $200 when the DS and PSP 3k are both under that price and have much larger game libraries.

This is all theory talk as we all know Sega isn't releasing this...however Sega cna charge more than PSP go or DS for a handheld despite having smaller library.

The catch - they have to offer something the other 2 dont.

disolitude said:
insomniac17 said:

This is all theory talk as we all know Sega isn't releasing this...however Sega cna charge more than PSP go or DS for a handheld despite having smaller library.

I know, but there's nothing wrong with a good theory. ^_^

Honestly though, I can't see any handheld released at over $200 doing well at this point (and yes, I don't think the PSP Go will do very well at it's price). Also, if Sega did release a handheld that could do more than the PSP and DS, it would be pretty expensive, and with cheaper handhelds availible, I just don't see it doing as well as the PSP or DS.

very cool, if true. will buy both the console and handheld on launch day. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
insomniac17 said:
disolitude said:
insomniac17 said:

Honestly though, I can't see any handheld released at over $200 doing well at this point (and yes, I don't think the PSP Go will do very well at it's price). Also, if Sega did release a handheld that could do more than the PSP and DS, it would be pretty expensive, and with cheaper handhelds availible, I just don't see it doing as well as the PSP or DS.

Yeah you're probably right. Sega or whoever should have probably jsut picked this up back in 2007 and released it as their own...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XGP

Son of a bitch...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

disolitude said:
insomniac17 said:

Yeah you're probably right. Sega or whoever should have probably jsut picked this up back in 2007 and released it as their own...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XGP

I do think that they could get away with something like that, but I dunno how big the market is for those kinds of handhelds. I've seen similar stuff like this for kids, but it doesn't look like it's a huge seller. (4 million according to Wikipedia, with 12 million software cartridges, though this is an educational handheld.) Maybe if it was aimed at "casual" players and not just kids (which seemed to be the case) it would see pretty decent success. (Just can't have that $300 price tag listed for the first model).

I can't take articles seriously when they are written by this guy

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

quarashi said:

I can't take articles seriously when they are written by this guy

He plays a lawyer now so don't worry.