By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA HAS A NEW HANDHELD IN DEVELOPMENT FORCE FEEDBACK TOUCHSCREENS.........

NJ5 said:
@Soleron:

The TDP of the CPU + GPU is actually 83W, but that's with a 512 MB GPU. But I agree these specs look insane for a handheld, even if they shrink down the circuits a lot.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116038
http://techiton.blogspot.com/2008/09/amds-low-cost-hd4670-and-hd4650.html

I found a different figure for the GPU TDP, but after further checking you're right. Doesn't change my point, and I don't think Sega has the engineering resources or money to get the form factor of either small enough to fit or get a die shrink done, especially with TSMC's current 40nm issues.

Around the Network

Well, folks, start saving NOW so that you won't be disappointed with the price when it's released... I'm getting this. lol, glad to see SEGA return.. maybe they'll start making good Sonic games again, lol.  I'd get a 3000 model PSP over a PSPgo simply because I need hard copies of my games.  It'll be funny if SEGA gets Tekken, while nintendo is still waiting... Who knows, we might even see a Virtua Fighter Vs. Tekken game.. Of course this game wouldn't play like Tekken, or Virtua fighter, because someone's gonna be super disappointed...  Same characters, new game.

But, this means Sonic will once again be exclusive to SEGA systems, and so will Virtua Fighter, along with Virtua Tennis, and others.  We'll see what happens... But, people better start reversing now.  5 bucks a week goes a long way, lol.

Soleron said:
NJ5 said:
@Soleron:

The TDP of the CPU + GPU is actually 83W, but that's with a 512 MB GPU. But I agree these specs look insane for a handheld, even if they shrink down the circuits a lot.

I found a different figure for the GPU TDP, but after further checking you're right. Doesn't change my point, and I don't think Sega has the engineering resources or money to get the form factor of either small enough to fit or get a die shrink done, especially with TSMC's current 40nm issues.

I also have to question the sanity of anyone who would use a PC GPU for a handheld... What would they use all those shaders for with a tiny screen?

Folks this article is just garbage...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Soleron said:
NJ5 said:
@Soleron:

I also have to question the sanity of anyone who would use a PC GPU for a handheld... What would they use all those shaders for with a tiny screen?

Folks this article is just garbage...

This article just shows that if you spout tech garbage people will believe it is real. Honestly, anyone looking at the specs should relatively easily realize this is essentially a power hungry laptop at best if Sega were to actually try to sell it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Oh yes, the fake game news online - most credible source on the web. Surfer girl, come back, we miss you.

Sega has lots of stuff going on, new arcade hardware, new home console coming out and a new handheld. That's why they were nearly bankrupted two years ago, all their money went into R&D of these miraclous devices. I bet that releasing them finishes the job.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

You know howmuch traffic revenue you generated for this guy by posting this here? He is having a steak dinner tonight thanks to all of you...

disolitude said:
You know howmuch traffic revenue you generated for this guy by posting this here? He is having a steak dinner tonight thanks to all of you...

is he? I never followed the link

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Sega: IT LIVES, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!111!!!!!!?

nordlead said:
disolitude said:

I really need to get in to online advertising like this.

You just get bunch of Google adword ads...few major ad network ads ("classmates" ads anyone?) and make sites like this with fake videogame, car or political news. Then post them on appropriate forums...

You will make 5000 dollars a month easily.

disolitude said:
nordlead said:
disolitude said:

I really need to get in to online advertising like this.

You just get bunch of Google adword ads...few major ad network ads ("classmates" ads anyone?) and make sites like this with fake videogame, car or political news. Then post them on appropriate forums...

You will make 5000 dollars a month easily.

wait..wut?? are you serious??