By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Starting up a Achievement/Trophy cheat committee

Rainbird said:
I would like to help, although currently I only have two games sitting at 75%+, and I wont start getting trophies for the sake of reaching 75%.

But before I start doing anything, I want to know how DLC trophies/achievements come into the picture. I have the platinum trophy in Mirror's Edge for example, but I am only sitting at 85% trophy completion.

Should we add those as seperate guides or do we want them included in one guide?

I would like to see the main game trophies in a guide for themselves, and then a guide for DLC a, a guide for DLC b, etc.

I'd personally like to see them all in the same file, anchored so that it is divided against the original DLC. So that a guide may appear more like this.

1.1 Original Game Achievements

1.2 DLC 1 Game Achievements

1.3 DLC 2 Game Achievements

1.1 - Original Game Achievements

(Achievement 2 or Trophy name) – (Achievement or Trophy Description) – (Gamerscore # or Trophy Level)

• (Guide/How-to list of steps)

(Achievement 2 or Trophy name) – (Achievement or Trophy Description) – (Gamerscore # or Trophy Level)

1.2 - DLC 1 Achievements

1.3 - DLC 2 Achievements

As you can see, very neat and tidy. Although it is your own judgement whether not to break up DLC achievements in seperate files or keep them in a single file. Depending on games, Some games like Nuts & Bolts has up to 10 achievements on it's DLC alone. While mass effect only has 1. Other games like Fallout 3 has now 4 DLC with a 5th on the way? Each with about 3-4 achievements? Make a call there. I know you won't make a wrong choice.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network

I submitted one for inFamous. I guess the DB Admins thought it was passable since it's up. Here's the link,
http://www.vgchartz.com/games/gamecheatsdisp.php?id=13108&cheatid=390

I also have the link in my sig. Hopefully someone will find this useful!

2 reasons I'm bumping this.

1) I need help with Prince of Persia trophies, so a guide would be nice.

2) I thought this was for all types of cheats, but I guess my memory failed me. I wanted to point out my Punch-Out!! walkthrough, and that is what walkthroughs should really be like. Everything you need to beat the main game from beginning to end (obviously I'm still working on mine). Anyways, you can use my walkthrough for ideas on how to better format HTML guides/walkthroughs.
http://vgchartz.com/games/gamecheatsdisp.php?id=27314&cheatid=486

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
2 reasons I'm bumping this.

1) I need help with Prince of Persia trophies, so a guide would be nice.

2) I thought this was for all types of cheats, but I guess my memory failed me. I wanted to point out my Punch-Out!! walkthrough, and that is what walkthroughs should really be like. Everything you need to beat the main game from beginning to end (obviously I'm still working on mine). Anyways, you can use my walkthrough for ideas on how to better format HTML guides/walkthroughs.
http://vgchartz.com/games/gamecheatsdisp.php?id=27314&cheatid=486

Sorry, but there were only two people that joined and Nighstriker hasn't been back since he was de-contributed and I do not have POP

As soon as I have 360 sent to Microsoft and back (which is most likely going to take a month), I will help out with 360 games that I own. Namely the very niche titles that I own.