By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Review of The Conduit up-------8.6 overall

The_vagabond7 said:
I will rent it this weekend. But having both a PC and a PS3 in addition to my wii, this game holds little reason for purchase. Now back to Tiger Woods 10...

Based on the review you are probably right, unless you find the use of the wii mote makes the multi-player replay value too good not to purchase even if most of the game is generic.

Ok, probably will not be the case for you, but I am sure there are at least a few % of people with multiple systems that would still find it worth a purchase....

Around the Network

i own a 360 and a good gaming pc but i cant wait for the conduit. i love playing firs person shooter with the wiimote. red steel is actually one of my favorite shooters and everyone knows it has its flaws....

im so happy this game delivers. after waiting 2 1/2 years to get another good exklusiv wii fps i finally can play the conduit :)

NightDragon83 said:
Great review, except this paragraph has me a little worried...

"However, I also encountered situations overrun with lag in which on-screen characters would skip around erratically, making maintained matches virtually unplayable. It seems clear to me that the technology is in place for some great online experiences, but whether or not you actually get them may depend on your connection speed, as well as how many people are playing against you. Even with this split between good and bad connections, though, I think there will be a lot of Wii owners willing to suffer through some laggy battles for the good ones, which make possible some truly entertaining fragfests."

I really hope we don't end up with another Brawl situation on our hands... Mario Kart Wii runs flawlessly with 12 people playing all around the world, and I hope this was just some issues with SEGA's servers and that the game will run smoothly after launch.

The Conduit is using Nintendo's servers. Sega doesnt have any servers. I wish EA had this game. It would still be 16 players with no FCs with no lag at all and WiiSpeak with everyone.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

I will be getting this for my birthday (Aug 30th) and am looking forward to it greatly. I have always wanted the Wii to have a fun FPS game (hence my fortays into the COD and MOH franchises for the first time on my Wii) because I know the controls have the potential to be even better than a mouse/keyboard combo (they do IR is the best for FPS - it just hasn't been done really well yet).

Looking forward to this - and I love that I have seen several commercials on TV (during the day :) for this....

if you advertise they will come...

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

^^^Including deaths and restarts it was more than 5 1/2 (don't forget he said half lol) hours. Timesplitters Future Perfect was about that long, and I enjoyed that game's length.

Games that tend to overstay their welcome get boring, plus, The Conduit doesn't have a wide array of enemies anyways, so it would be annoying seeing them for 15 hours.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

great!! : )

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Mint said:
I was telling someone about the score just now.
He said "I knew it was going to suck"
I said "A 8.6 is a very good score"
He said "Its a horrible score, below 9 sucks"
I said "Oh, alright, Prototype must really suck then"
He said "No, thats different, a 10/10 wii game is the same as a 6/10 360 game"

Heh.
I predicted 8.5, I was close.
Remember to pick it up tomorrow, or else.
Yes, that is a threat. :P

Even Matt himself said a number of times in the review that the game isn't up to the standards on other consoles.

I'm just saying. Don't everyone jump on me at once D:

minus the "precise, excellent controls", its below other consoles... im pretty sure im right in saying that most wii owners are picking this up because of those controls.

hm. is there team play? (6v6)

9Chiba said:

I beleive so.

Roflinator said:
9Chiba said:

I beleive so.

cool, thanks. i might pick this up a week after its release