By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Review of The Conduit up-------8.6 overall

What a great review. I'm so stoked to get this game tomorrow (hopefully).
Now, i wonder what gamespot will give it. But that doesn't matter! What matters is our opinion and game sells!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

I wonder if the IGN review will be one of the better reviews or one of the worst.

If they can't fix the laggy online that will kill this game's sales. It's too short for just single player value and with CoDWaW/QoS flawless online few will opt to play this instead if it proves to be an issue.

While I want this game to succeed as much as anyone, cause I hate dual analog controls, that's just the way it is.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Mint said:
I was telling someone about the score just now.
He said "I knew it was going to suck"
I said "A 8.6 is a very good score"
He said "Its a horrible score, below 9 sucks"
I said "Oh, alright, Prototype must really suck then"
He said "No, thats different, a 10/10 wii game is the same as a 6/10 360 game"

Heh.
I predicted 8.5, I was close.
Remember to pick it up tomorrow, or else.
Yes, that is a threat. :P

Even Matt himself said a number of times in the review that the game isn't up to the standards on other consoles.

I'm just saying. Don't everyone jump on me at once D:

Reading comprehension much? You are right on presentation and graphics (the second one being obvious).

But the controls seem to be on another level than HD consoles alltogether. So, controls or graphics? The defining question of this gen...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Day one.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
If they can't fix the laggy online that will kill this game's sales. It's too short for just single player value and with CoDWaW/QoS flawless online few will opt to play this instead if it proves to be an issue.

While I want this game to succeed as much as anyone, cause I hate dual analog controls, that's just the way it is.

Wonder how bad it is? Hmm.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Game will live or die depending on the online. Personally I think it won't do well. As the review said for those who play on other systems the game isn't worth their time. For FPS fans wanting to know what system to get, they already chose 2 years ago. This unfortunetly is too little too late.

Though if the mutliplayer server side is fixed before release this game may do OK.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I think ima have to buy this one

Faxanadu said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Mint said:
I was telling someone about the score just now.
He said "I knew it was going to suck"
I said "A 8.6 is a very good score"
He said "Its a horrible score, below 9 sucks"
I said "Oh, alright, Prototype must really suck then"
He said "No, thats different, a 10/10 wii game is the same as a 6/10 360 game"

Heh.
I predicted 8.5, I was close.
Remember to pick it up tomorrow, or else.
Yes, that is a threat. :P

Even Matt himself said a number of times in the review that the game isn't up to the standards on other consoles.

I'm just saying. Don't everyone jump on me at once D:

Reading comprehension much? You are right on presentation and graphics (the second one being obvious).

But the controls seem to be on another level than HD consoles alltogether. So, controls or graphics? The defining question of this gen...

There's more to it than just presentation. There's level design, gameplay modes, vehicles, polish and more. Games like Halo 3 and Killzone 2 have 3 year dev cycles because of their graphics, and that gives their game designers more time to work on other elements of the game and polish things to a glossy finish. An 18 month dev cycle can sacrifice graphics and the Wii's interface can improve the gameplay, but you just can't compete with huge HD projects on content and polish without more manpower and time than HVS can afford to give.

But some of us have realistic expectations, and want to shoot stuff with a Wiimote even if it means we give up some of the bells and whistles that other shooters have.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I just watched the video from IGN, and there's no mention of Wii Motion +. I wonder what kind of difference it makes if you have it?

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!