By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Review of The Conduit up-------8.6 overall

MontanaHatchet said:
jlauro said:
Mint said:
I was telling someone about the score just now.
He said "I knew it was going to suck"
I said "A 8.6 is a very good score"
He said "Its a horrible score, below 9 sucks"
I said "Oh, alright, Prototype must really suck then"
He said "No, thats different, a 10/10 wii game is the same as a 6/10 360 game"

Heh.
I predicted 8.5, I was close.
Remember to pick it up tomorrow, or else.
Yes, that is a threat. :P

LOL!  I was just complaining in another thread that 360 games are rated too high.  There are several Wii games with 60-70 scores on metacritic that are more fun than XBOX 360 games in the 80-90 range.

I don't think it is so much that the wii games are under rated as it is the 360 games are over rated.

The score is a little lower than I was hoping for, but about what I expected.  It 6 points better than what they gave COD WAW which makes it fairly good sign.

And your reasoning for that is that some Wii games with lower ratings are more fun than some 360 games with higher ratings? Did you know that fun is relative? I'm sure I'd have more fun with Fable II or some other games in the 80-90% range than Carnival Games. That's because fun is relative, and that's based on my tastes.

I never claimed Carnival games fell into that.  It may for some, but I was talking about games that 80% of hard core gamers should also agree.  Given the sales for Carnival games, maybe most would find it more enjoyable if they actually tried it.  Honestly, I never did.

Yes, it's subjective, but review scores are clearly too easy on some 360 games.  I've bought several, and rented far more.  You brought up carnival games, so you must know someone who cosiders it more fun than Fable II???  I certainly don't think that.  Carnival games has a 56 andFable II scored an 89.

So, tell me...  If it's not such a bias with reviews, then just as there are good Wii games with low scores more fun than 360 games with high scores, there should be the opposite too.  What on a 360 scores a 56 or lower that is more fun than a Wii game that scores an 89???  or at least <70 on 360 and >80 on Wii...

Around the Network

The Conduit Video Review is up: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14248157/vids_1.html

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Sounds solid enough to buy. Will corral some cash for it in July

Great review for a new title for the wii lets hope the sales will be good.

Once they said in last weeks podcast that this game would get a solid review, I knew it was going to get an 8.6, and as it turns out I was right.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Oh hell, delay 211 mins on IGN video review, i need Youtube. :'(

The short game length is a minus, but it is multiplayer so I will let it slide. If it was sinlgle player I would demand more for full price. Actually, if there was more than 3 decent multiplayer FPS games for the wii, I would probably demand more too and wouldn't have preordered...

jlauro said:
MontanaHatchet said:
jlauro said:
Mint said:
I was telling someone about the score just now.
He said "I knew it was going to suck"
I said "A 8.6 is a very good score"
He said "Its a horrible score, below 9 sucks"
I said "Oh, alright, Prototype must really suck then"
He said "No, thats different, a 10/10 wii game is the same as a 6/10 360 game"

Heh.
I predicted 8.5, I was close.
Remember to pick it up tomorrow, or else.
Yes, that is a threat. :P

LOL!  I was just complaining in another thread that 360 games are rated too high.  There are several Wii games with 60-70 scores on metacritic that are more fun than XBOX 360 games in the 80-90 range.

I don't think it is so much that the wii games are under rated as it is the 360 games are over rated.

The score is a little lower than I was hoping for, but about what I expected.  It 6 points better than what they gave COD WAW which makes it fairly good sign.

And your reasoning for that is that some Wii games with lower ratings are more fun than some 360 games with higher ratings? Did you know that fun is relative? I'm sure I'd have more fun with Fable II or some other games in the 80-90% range than Carnival Games. That's because fun is relative, and that's based on my tastes.

I never claimed Carnival games fell into that.  It may for some, but I was talking about games that 80% of hard core gamers should also agree.  Given the sales for Carnival games, maybe most would find it more enjoyable if they actually tried it.  Honestly, I never did.

Yes, it's subjective, but review scores are clearly too easy on some 360 games.  I've bought several, and rented far more.  You brought up carnival games, so you must know someone who cosiders it more fun than Fable II???  I certainly don't think that.  Carnival games has a 56 andFable II scored an 89.

So, tell me...  If it's not such a bias with reviews, then just as there are good Wii games with low scores more fun than 360 games with high scores, there should be the opposite too.  What on a 360 scores a 56 or lower that is more fun than a Wii game that scores an 89???  or at least <70 on 360 and >80 on Wii...

Actually, my mistake. You're right. Accordings to Gamerankings, Carnival Games is actually below the 60-70 range. Still, it's pretty close and it fits your criteria. Sales don't really prove quality either. Reviews may be easy on 360 games, but it's not that different for other platforms. Nobody can honestly claim that Super Mario Galaxy deserved the glowing reviews it got. It deserved absolutely amazing reviews, but not the ones that it got. And this is true for a lot of games. That's why you shouldn't look at numbers exactly, and just use reviews as a general judge of quality. If more people did this, there wouldn't be absolutely stupid debates over the review system every day. I don't personally know someone who finds Carnival Games more fun than Fable II. That's why it's called an example. A freakin' example. However, I'm sure I could find someone (probably in the younger audience), let them play both games, and discover that they find Carnival Games more enjoyable. Your points are tiring and don't seem to lead anywhere. You're mixing review scores with fun, with fun being far more subjective. There are some Wii Madden games in the 80% range, but I hate Madden. Quantum of Solace is in the 60-70 range, but since it's a decent shooter (and I'm a big James Bond fan), I'd probably have more fun with that. Your points don't hold up.

I will rent it this weekend. But having both a PC and a PS3 in addition to my wii, this game holds little reason for purchase. Now back to Tiger Woods 10...

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

For the lazy.