By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Review of The Conduit up-------8.6 overall

a bit higher than i expected... i'm thinking the overall average is still going to fall around 80-84

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network
Mint said:
I was telling someone about the score just now.
He said "I knew it was going to suck"
I said "A 8.6 is a very good score"
He said "Its a horrible score, below 9 sucks"
I said "Oh, alright, Prototype must really suck then"
He said "No, thats different, a 10/10 wii game is the same as a 6/10 360 game"

Heh.
I predicted 8.5, I was close.
Remember to pick it up tomorrow, or else.
Yes, that is a threat. :P

Now that’s harcorezzzzz dud he knows what he is talking about :P

This is a great score and I can’t wait to play. You bastards you get it before us in Europe!!!  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

What i expected from them, at least. A solid amount of hype from them, but enough doubt to mitigate it from the 9 range.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

jlauro said:
Mint said:

Heh.

LOL!  I was just complaining in another thread that 360 games are rated too high.  There are several Wii games with 60-70 scores on metacritic that are more fun than XBOX 360 games in the 80-90 range.

I don't think it is so much that the wii games are under rated as it is the 360 games are over rated.

The score is a little lower than I was hoping for, but about what I expected.  It 6 points better than what they gave COD WAW which makes it fairly good sign.

And your reasoning for that is that some Wii games with lower ratings are more fun than some 360 games with higher ratings? Did you know that fun is relative? I'm sure I'd have more fun with Fable II or some other games in the 80-90% range than Carnival Games. That's because fun is relative, and that's based on my tastes.

In other words, the standard because-it's-on-Wii penalty applies.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

it features the most customizable, precise and enjoyable controls of any console shooter created, hands down.

That's all I needed

good score :) i hope this sells well....good sales means a good "the grinder"^^

Its now in top 50 on Amazon. GO GO CONDUIT

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_pg_2?ie=UTF8&pg=2

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Just finished up reading the full IGN review (and the comments, lol @ the trolls) and Matt pretty much wrote up everything i expected from this game. I'm glad i followed this, i know i'm going to have a lot of fun with this title.

Just like Kenology, i also hope to get some friend codes from the guys i have grown to love around here (Hi SmokedHostage!) and test out some Wii Speak. I've only used the device once with Animal Crossing, unfortunately i haven't the time to extensively play that game as i'm more focused on other title so i really want to put this peripheral to more frequent use.

I'm guessing this games final gamerankings/metacritic score will linger around the lower 80's or the late 70's, i doubt anyone will be rating this game above 9/90 even if it does play very well, there are simply too many other fantastic FPS' on the other consoles so no one is going to truly be wowed by this.

How technical is your game?

MontanaHatchet said:
jlauro said:
Mint said:

Heh.

LOL! I was just complaining in another thread that 360 games are rated too high. There are several Wii games with 60-70 scores on metacritic that are more fun than XBOX 360 games in the 80-90 range.

I don't think it is so much that the wii games are under rated as it is the 360 games are over rated.

The score is a little lower than I was hoping for, but about what I expected. It 6 points better than what they gave COD WAW which makes it fairly good sign.

And your reasoning for that is that some Wii games with lower ratings are more fun than some 360 games with higher ratings? Did you know that fun is relative? I'm sure I'd have more fun with Fable II or some other games in the 80-90% range than Carnival Games. That's because fun is relative, and that's based on my tastes.

Why do you defend the industry that for the last 3 yrs has been consistently up its own ass regarding the untouchable HD second coming of christ. The mention of Carnival Games alone proves your own inherent bias regarding ALL Wii games and pretty much sums up the reason why people percieve this HD ratings bias is a cold hard fact.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.