By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - whats the best SRPG you have ever played ?

Final Fantasy Tactics.

Around the Network

King's Bounty is da #1!
(to piss of those console-only/retro-only gamers ;P ...the game is really great though)

largedarryl said:
Opa-Opa said:
A toss-up between Fire Emblem (GBA) or Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (Longest title ever, but one of the grossly unappreciated, unplayed games on N64)

In North America, both Ogre Battle games suffered the same problem, not enough copies were produced, so actually trying to find a copy of the game was nearly impossible.  I know that in everyone of my local stores, I never saw OB:MofTBQ or OB64:PofLC once.

I've been meaning to play OB:  MofTBQ since its release on VC ... may really get into that.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

Disgaea 1 easily. One of my favorite rpgs.

Im kinda surprized by the lack of mention of Phantom Brave and Final fantasy tactics A2.

Do most SRPG players not like customizability? it's a form of personalized strategy.

Around the Network

FF Tactics.

Still need to finish Valkyria, but it won't dethrone FFT.

=P

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

Valkyria Chronicles

Favourite Games:

PS: Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy VII. PS2: Resident Evil 4, Shadow Hearts Covenant, Final Fantasy X, Silent Hill 4, Soul Calibur III. PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 2, Mototstorm PR, God of War III, Modern Warfare 2. Xbox: Suteki, Fatal Frame II DC, Jade Empire. 360: Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey, Dead or Alive 4.