By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Worth Developing For PS3? - Bruce on Games to Investors

what part of this news are new?

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

Move along, nothing to see here.

Aww.. you cut out the part where bruce attacked the wii...

And Bruce is so good at attacking it...
"7) Talk to your wife/girlfriend. They understand the Wii better than you do. "

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

yeah..ps3 is doomed....any new news?

This isn't that interesting.

This is from the man who though Super Smash Bros would not sell well.

LOSER.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:

As always Gebx, my heart lights up to see your threads, as I know instinctively that they're bound to be filled to the brim with fantastic new PS3 news.

This articles existance is based on Bobby Koticks comments. He wants his business to earn more money, which can be achieved by more gamers owing consoles, which in turn can be acheived by Sony dropping the price.

A man who is disscussing how to earn more money is not going to realistically then turn around and drop support for a platform, ergo limiting the amount of potential customers.

Hollow threat is hollow.

Couldn't agree more.  Activision would love to see more PS3s in market (driven by a price cut) and then see MS respond with another price cut to drive even more 360s into market.  That way they are likely to sell even more of their big hitters.

The other thing so many posters are missing is that Activision's position as the biggest publisher isn't just based on profits but volume of sales.

I could sell ten things and be profitable - but I'd be very small too.

If they cut PS3 sales out they might maintain or even grow profits a little, but they'd sacrifice the volume sales that make them the biggest.

In the end I believe they'd rather have 14M total MW2 sales at 30% margin vs 9M at 34% margin.  Of course, if they can also squeeze Sony into dropping royalty levels then they'd really rather have 14M MW2 sales at 34% margin (numbers pulled from the ether to illustrate the point only).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Dgc1808 said:
It's impossible to make money on PS3 without 4M+ plus sales. PS3 is doomed.

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=50&name=&console=PS3&keyword=&publisher=14&genre=&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

Out of the 30 or so games published by Activision for the PS3, only ONE game passed 4 million, the next drops to 1.9 million

The average game on the PS3 if you take out GH and COD sells about 250,000 copies. It would actually be a GOOD business move for Activision to drop every game PS3 game, other than CoD and GH which do make them money.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

NiKKoM said:
Aww.. you cut out the part where bruce attacked the wii...

And Bruce is so good at attacking it...
"7) Talk to your wife/girlfriend. They understand the Wii better than you do. "

Yeah, I also left of the part where he compliments the 360 because neither had anything to do with the subject of this thread.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Dgc1808 said:
It's impossible to make money on PS3 without 4M+ plus sales. PS3 is doomed.

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=50&name=&console=PS3&keyword=&publisher=14&genre=&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

Out of the 30 or so games published by Activision for the PS3, only ONE game passed 4 million, the next drops to 1.9 million

The average game on the PS3 if you take out GH and COD sells about 250,000 copies. It would actually be a GOOD business move for Activision to drop every game PS3 game, other than CoD and GH which do make them money.

Thats an interesting list. I tried looking for them earlier, but I didn't realise that Activision covered both the pre and post merger. But yeah I would have to agree that they would have been better off not making anything other than COD and GH3 for the PS3.

Tease.

@NiKKoM

This is a "PS3 is doomed one more time" thread, so of course he must cut the wii part

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)