By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Japan price drop?

microsoft is making headway though, 360 should sell 2-3x as many consoles as xbox in japan. With the kind of money they have in a couple generations they could be doing pretty decent.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/09/40gb-ps3-announced-for-japan-sony-introduces-white-ps3/

Sony announced today the 40GB PS3 will go on sale in Japan beginning Nov. 11. The 20GB and 60GB models, both still available in Japan, will have a 5,000 yen ($43) price cut next week. This means that the prices for the PS3 in Japan will be 20GB at 44,980 yen ($384), 60GB at 54,980 yen ($469) and 40GB at 39,980 yen ($341) yen. The 40GB is cheaper than the 20GB version, however it will lack backwards compatibility, memory card slots and a couple USB ports.

Sony is also unleashing a white version of the 40GB PS3 model for Japan in ceramic white. It will cost the same as the regular black PS3. A white DualShock 3 controller will also be available to purchase beginning Nov 11. If Sony can't offer consumers backwards compatibility, might as well razzle dazzle 'em with new colors.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like SONY is dropping the price of the PS3 in Japan next week. Now I know the 360 will be getting a price drop once the elite hits though how much should be interesting. Would they do a minimal price drop like they done in most regions or make a splash with a 360 costing less then a Wii. Stay tune.

AC6+ Beautiful Katamari+ Lost Odyssey+some japanese game + price drop
I think it will inrease the 360

Microsoft is done in Japan, no price drop would help. Maybe if it was free or they gave you money for taking it so it didn't waste shelf space then maybe it'd move units. MS just needs to stick to U.S. and EU

Would make sense the price drop would coincide with those games coming out similar to madden here in the states. One thing to keep in mind is that the 360 is not way behind the PS3 so if a nice price point and decent games start rolling it can catch up if anything stay close enough to give developers some reason to make games for it or at least port to it.

Around the Network

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
PS3: 1.21 million
XBOX 360: .45 million

PS3 triple the sales of the XBOX 360

Worldwide:
PS3: 4.89 million
Wii: 12+million

Wii triple the Sales of the PS3.

Well, the PS3 isn't far behind the wii either!

It would be great if MS had a price cut in Japan, a bundle would make it even better! I wouldn't mind picking up another 360 if the price was lowered, or it included a bundle. This ps3 price drop makes me hopeful something might happen from MS.

Oh and Beautiful Katamari in just over a week, yay!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

DMeisterJ said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
PS3: 1.21 million
XBOX 360: .45 million

PS3 triple the sales of the XBOX 360

Worldwide:
PS3: 4.89 million
Wii: 12+million

Wii triple the Sales of the PS3.

Well, the PS3 isn't far behind the wii either!

LOL are you serious? Your comparing hundreds to millions. That is all I am going to say LOL.

A price drop, together with Lost Odyssey and Christmas time could end up in decent Xbox 360 sales. Maybe it is possible for Microsoft to reach the 5k weekly average and sell between 1.25 to 1.75 million 360s in Japan.

Is Katamari 360 exclusive in Japan?

Katamari and ace combat last I heard are time exclusives though I did see a box art that said ONLY on XBOX360 so I could be wrong. We should know fairly soon.