By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Japan price drop?

When the elite was introduced in europe it coincided with a price drop.  The elite will be coming to Japan so I am assuming some kind of price drop will take place. I wonder if that along with some games coming out this holiday will be enough to boost 360 sales in Japan.  I am sure most comments if any will be about screw Japan and don't need Japan etc but I am more curious about how sales will be affected.  They are getting some decent games like katamari and ace combat along with lost odessey so game will be there and along with the price reduction if it happens should help.  Just gotta hope there are games after those that keep the system moving. 

Around the Network

why do MS even bother about JAP

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

i reckon there will be a fantastic increase. But you have to remember, a fantastic increase in Japanese 360 sales doesnt actually result in that many total consoles shifted. But yes, AC6, Beautiful Katamari, Lost Odyssey and a price cut would result in substantially higher console sales.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Some how MS needs to work on the retail channel in Japan. Get the systems in the front of the store with larger displays. + What starcraft said and maybe xbox could start hitting 3-5k a week?

Well if the 360 becomes very cheap at least compared to the ps3 and starts getting some games than I think the 360 can become somewhat relevant. Is not like the PS3 is millions of consoles ahead of the 360 in Japan. If MS can get the new mobo and somehow get the price to half of the PS3 along with decent games on a regular basis it should do quite well. The key to Japan is games and if they can start pumping them out on a regular basis I think they will do well enough to keep trying. MS similar to SONY have on occasion ruled out price drops because without the games is somewhat pointless. The PS3 getting some games this holiday in the USA is why I think the $399 PS3 version is being introduced to spur sales not just because of the price drop but because there will be games to go along with it. I think it will be similar in Japan as MS drops the elite and a reduced price and drops the price of the rest of the sku's. Won't be long before we know how things will turn out.

Around the Network

LOL at any 360 fan thinking the 360 can do anything in Japan.

Noone is this thread believes the 360 can do anything compared to the other two consoles. That said, with the new exclusives coming and a possible price drop, its possible that Microsoft could settle their console permanently at 3-5k a week as opposed to the current 1-3k a week.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

They could...

...but would it matter?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

It might sell more for 2 weeks but then it will go back down to almost nothing after that.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

i think it comes down to, if they drop price then it should boost sales,

if Lost Odyssey gets great ratings from fam and other jap reviewers, and is very well loved, and if this and the price drop occured, yet sales are not really boosted to a point where japan actually makes a difference for 360 sales, then im afraid japan will not be cracked this gen by the 360 most likely.

The only thing that would guerentee 360 would become a success is if ff 13 became exclusive to 360 =/

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.