By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Japan price drop?

In all, im starting to think Lost Odyssey will be the factor that shows if 360 and actually become decent in japan

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

I agree. It truly is looking like the 360's final fantasy! If it can't sell the console, even at a cheap price, you have to wonder what Microsoft could ever do. Especially given AC6, Beautiful Katamari and Devil May Cry will also be out by then. Not to mention Blue Dragon at bargain prices.

On the other hand, if Microsoft pays Square a truckload of money, the 360 will be the only console with BOTH this generation's final fantasies!!!!! hehehe

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

1 billion for Final fantasy exclusive!

O.o
^.^

naa i dont want ps3 to die, lets make it multi!

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

haha...exclusive final fantasy on 360 could probably be had for about $50-80 million US. But that wouldn't kill the PS3, if it would, Microsoft would have done it already. If Final Fantasy goes multiplatform it will help the 360 in America and Europe, but will have little to no effect in Japan. The Japanese would still by the PS3 to play the game with the exception of those that also wanted LO and BD and Cry on etc. Even then most of those would be ppl that can afford both systems.

That said, IF (and it will never happen, i know) Final Fantasy XIII went exclusive 360, the result would be a few million 360's sold in Japan over its lifetime, and a permanent foothold in the Japanese market for Microsoft consoles. Reach for your checkbook Bill.

Around the Network

indeed, but i see FF on 360 pushing 360, just because i think alot of japenese gamers are waiting to buy ps3 cause of FF its huge over there

Hmmmm, it would be interesting if it hit both at the same time in Japan and the 360 was significantly cheaper. I think the difference between growth and no growth for the 360 base would be A)whether Lost Odyssey really was insane and B)whether multiplatform games and a few good exclusives for 360 keep coming over the next year, so ppl know they can get other games for their cheap system.

Content... Content... Content...

Ace Combat 6, Lost Odyssey, and Beautiful Katamari should help the 360 fortunes in Japan. The Elite might help if there is also a price drop...

But, 360 really needs to get Japanese centered content equal to how they've done in North America. 360 won't win this generation at all in Japan. But, if they can keep showing support to the Japanese titles, then they will have better success next generation.

Fortunately, the Japanese really aren't buying any consoles in great numbers so, 360 still has lives there.

I wonder if there is any way MS could get SE to agree to multiplatform status for FFXIII in Japan, even if its PS3 exclusive in Europe and the USA

Even if they bundle twe Wii with a Xbox360, the Japanese will stay away from it. OMG! Is that why Wii is falling lately in Japan?