By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If a create a fake Japanese Live account...can I download this?

http://kotaku.com/5296545/garou-mark-of-the-wolves-dated-for-japan

I need to warm up for KOF13 that comes out early July and this will be perfect. However seems like its Japanese release only.

So question is as the topic headline asks. Will it work? Anyone know?

Around the Network

I guess no one knows... I will test it on the 24th I guess.

Yes, you can. I created a japanese account way back when to download the RE5 demo. Worked for me, so this shouldn't be a problem for you.

I don't see why not. As long as your payment can go through a Japanese account, it should work.

I don't understand though. Why are you buying Mark of the Wolves to brush up for KOF XII? From what I remember on my Dreamcast copy, Mark of the Wolves does not play exactly like KOF.

My suggestion is you search for a copy of KOF 2002/2003 package that got released on the Xbox last generation. Check eBay and Gamestop. It's backwards compatible with the 360.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

if you download it there could be a chance that the game will be region locked..

EDIT

back a few months ago when Resi 5 demo came out in japan I was one of those that downloaded it from japan but after a few days they locked it up saying couldn't be played in your region blah blah blah. 

I found a way to bypass this and that was to play the game not signed into XBL.

Around the Network

do you have ps3?

360 games are region locked.

I have a feeling the game is coming out on the US maketplace too on the same day.

Xoj said:
do you have ps3?

360 games are region locked.

Actually the minority is region locked, but there are more cases with Japanese games beeing locked....

But does it matter ? It's an XBLA game !

I think it could work. Plus it should have a demo on the Japanese marketplace.

Onyxmeth said:

I don't see why not. As long as your payment can go through a Japanese account, it should work.

I don't understand though. Why are you buying Mark of the Wolves to brush up for KOF XII? From what I remember on my Dreamcast copy, Mark of the Wolves does not play exactly like KOF.

My suggestion is you search for a copy of KOF 2002/2003 package that got released on the Xbox last generation. Check eBay and Gamestop. It's backwards compatible with the 360.

KOF 12 does not play like 2002 or 2003.....

A nethier does Garou....

12 will be a bit like 11 but with more logical juggles...and no tag team...Plus it will have that clashing like Gulty gear(Well not exactly but it's where they got it from).....And a sorta of Alpha combo....

Onyxmeth said:

Well Im a big Kim and Terry fan and while I know the fighting tech is going to be different in KOF12 the timing for their oves and most combos are quite similar if not the same. Kim isn't even in MArk of the wolves but there is anotehr guy that plays just like him... Jsut a way to get Street Fgihter style out of my head and start getting used to SNK fighters. Last SNK fighter game I played hardcore was SNK VS capcom (the snk one) and that one left a sour taste in my mouth.