By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zero hype for Bioshock 2?

Was Bioshock 2 even shown anywhere at E3?

Around the Network

I'm not sure if you heard or not but Bioshock 2 is not an exclusive. It also seems like no timed exclusivity will come with it. This is pretty much the only reason I can see behind why there is zero hype for it. Mind you I could care less because Bioshock was not even a fun game to begin with.

perpride said:
I'm not sure if you heard or not but Bioshock 2 is not an exclusive. It also seems like no timed exclusivity will come with it. This is pretty much the only reason I can see behind why there is zero hype for it. Mind you I could care less because Bioshock was not even a fun game to begin with.

Yup...

The hype is better spent on better games...

Its not exclusive. I'm anticipating it though!!

The original was an amazing game! I hope everyone saying otherwise at least played it so they can have their valid opinion.

The only reason I see the second one not being hyped much yet is because there were a lot more newer announcements and Bioshock 2 was already announced months ago. I also haven't seen much to indicate the story will be very different yet.

And I could really care less about a mutliplayer element.

Around the Network

I just figured it was getting overshadowed by ODST and MW2. Market isn't getting any less crowded.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

^ The first game was awesome. The art style was great, the music, the story.

But I agree with some other people on here. The hype and excitement went downhill when it went multiplatform. x360 fans were bummed, betrayed if you will, about it going to ps3, and ps3 fans never really gave a crap about it, judging from the sales.

Well I think it has to do because it's multi-plat, I'm hyped for it, but it also doesn't seem to be too different from the first one, maybe that's also a reason why, also Super Mario Galaxy was GOTY 2007

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I have no interest in it. I bought the first one on the first day. I still haven't beaten it. It wasn't what many claimed it was.

nightsurge said:
The original was an amazing game! I hope everyone saying otherwise at least played it so they can have their valid opinion.

The only reason I see the second one not being hyped much yet is because there were a lot more newer announcements and Bioshock 2 was already announced months ago. I also haven't seen much to indicate the story will be very different yet.

And I could really care less about a mutliplayer element.

I played it and have to say that even tough it was a good game it was nothing revolutionarry IMO... the overall setting was great, and the atmosphere to, but other then that I couldent understand why was the hype so huge for it. Before anyone acuses me of not liking it for beeing a 360 timed exclusive, Ive didnt played neither the PS3 or 360 version, but the PC version ;)

And the sequel looks a bit boring, especially that the multiplayer was given to The Darkness devs, and even tough they are capabvle of making good games, I dont think they will make a Portal-like revolution ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!