By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WHEN did u give up on Nintendo?

I doubt I could ever "give up" on Nintendo. They make some amazing games, my interests have just veered off from being mainly Nintendo made games to other types of games. That doesn't mean that I don't like playing a good Zelda or Mario game these days, they just aren't my main focus in gaming like they used to be.

Around the Network

I don't think anyone "gives up" on a brand, they just branch out to find different things. I once was a die hard ATI fan, but over time, I gave NVidia a chance, and find them to deliver a much better, reliable product. I rocked Nike sneakers for ages, and one day I saw some sweet Converses.

You don't "give up" on products, you just explore other options. I've explored them all, from the video game perspective, and I find Nintendo's to prove interesting and refreshing as far as ideas go. I enjoy the beauty of a well-created HD world, and the fast paced network games on the PC.

People who claim to "give up" are just closing their minds to gaming possibilities, and these people are frightening.

I can't picture ever leaving Nintendo...

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

i grew up after the n64 days but i still bought a gamecube and a Wii. Their main franchises such as mario, zelda, and wii series might not appeal to me, but there's still some games i enjoy. Metroid Prime is the best game they have done in the last 10 years.

Next gen if the "Wii 2" is another motion control console.

I like the Wii and games like SMG and SSBB but I don't like motion controls.

Around the Network

Never had the chance, I think if I had been a Ninty fan I would of given up a year after the Wii came along.

Sega and Xbox born and bred

Never owned a Nintendo console (but I own a Nintendo handheld). Admired the SNES and thought of the Gamecube as a good console.
In conclusion. I blame Wii (Fit)

I think when people grow older they will start leaving Nintendo.

monlosez said:

But I thought the older crowd, 50+, belonged to Nintendo

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Hawk said:
monlosez said:

But I thought the older crowd, 50+, belonged to Nintendo

They come back to Nintendo when they are that old.