By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WHEN did u give up on Nintendo?

I don't feel like quoting lol:

According to VGC, Crash Bandicoot 2 sold close to 8M...hardly something to throw out if sales is what you're talking about for them finding a jackpot, especially when Halo is as big as it is and it took the 3rd installment to pass that number

oh and @dahumon, I think the term groundbreaking is perfectly correct for the situation with Gears. Something like Gears was never done before it came out, and now lots of games (whether good or crappy) are implementing it (Uncharted, Quantum (Theory), MGS4, Wanted, I think, etc.)

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
I don't feel like quoting lol:

According to VGC, Crash Bandicoot 2 sold close to 8M...hardly something to throw out if sales is what you're talking about for them finding a jackpot, especially when Halo is as big as it is and it took the 3rd installment to pass that number

oh and @dahumon, I think the term groundbreaking is perfectly correct for the situation with Gears. Something like Gears was never done before it came out, and now lots of games (whether good or crappy) are implementing it (Uncharted, Quantum (Theory), MGS4, Wanted, I think, etc.)

102 million PSone sold vs barely 23mil PS3, they are not "that" stupid.

Those games have all been done before, I don't know where you've been o_O; all they did was mesh the ideas together.

kn said:

I already have.  My Wii collects dust, waiting on some decent games.

Thank goodness The Conduit is just around the corner.

I gave up on Nintendo during the N64 era.

That was when Nintendo showed the world that they were more interested in actual gameplay than awesome cut scenes. Awesome cut scenes FTW!!!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

That was when Nintendo showed the world that they were more interested in actual gameplay than awesome cut scenes. Awesome cut scenes FTW!!!

And full motion video too... don't forget about FMV... only games with grainy, pixelated, poorly-compressed FMV were GOTY material back in those days!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
amp316 said:

And full motion video too... don't forget about FMV... only games with grainy, pixelated, poorly-compressed FMV were GOTY material back in those days!

Exactly.  Who needed true 3D environments when you had that stuff.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
NightDragon83 said:
amp316 said:

That's what I'm sayin brotha!  Get outta mah face with all these polygons and texture mapping and free-roaming cameras and z-targeting... just gimme some grainy-ass video to watch that plays at 6 fps unless you shrink it down to the size of a stamp!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
amp316 said:
NightDragon83 said:
amp316 said:

That's what I'm sayin brotha!  Get outta mah face with all these polygons and texture mapping and free-roaming cameras and z-targeting... just gimme some grainy-ass video to watch that plays at 6 fps unless you shrink it down to the size of a stamp!

Yeah.  Nintendo was more concerned with "in game" graphics.  Nintendo fans were such graphic whores back in those days.  If there's one thing that I know, it's that no one cares about graphics.  All you have to do is look up which consoles were the sales leaders each generation to see that.     

amp316 said:
NightDragon83 said:
amp316 said:
NightDragon83 said:
amp316 said:

Yeah.  Nintendo was more concerned with "in game" graphics.  Nintendo fans were such graphic whores back in those days.  If there's one thing that I know, it's that no one cares about graphics.  All you have to do is look up which consoles were the sales leaders each generation to see that.     

LOL... i know you were going for sarcasm there, but with the exception of the SNES, that statement is actually true!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:

@ OP

You should probably change your avatar to a picture of Kim Possible. Then people will at least think that you aren't a troll