By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which *New* Super Mario game will win when all is said and done?

VS.

Which game will win saleswise? Which will rate higher on metarankings? VGChartz review? Forums? General Public?

Discuss

Around the Network

I think DS will have better sales, not sure about review score ... For me, the 4-player multiplayer heightens the value immensely. Not sure if the same can be said for reviewers. I can see it getting lower scores all around, but the multiplayer aspect will make this the better game, atleast for me.

wii one will rate higher (it looks like brilliant)!!!, but DS one will have higher sales

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I think the Wii game will not fare very well critically, if for no other reason than it's (relatively) poor presentation. Personally, I know why Nintendo did it, but I still think the NSMB style is ugly, and by the sound of it, the music will be just as underwhelming.

Gameplay will probably be a blast for those interested in multiplayer, and will be at least worthwhile for single player enthusiasts. I predict a lot of praise on forums/blogs.

Sales-wise, the DS game will win hands down, but the Wii game will still be immensely popular (8+ million sales).

DS one.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

I think the DS game will win, purely because it's had a 3-year headstart and has sold massively in that time - and will probably get a boost from the Wii version like Mario Kart Wii gave to DS.

Still reckon it will do about 10-15 million though and have massive legs. This is (along with Wii Sports Resort) the next big game all the casuals, kids and families as well as hardcore Ninty fans will want - just like Mario Kart Wii.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

sales= ds

score= wii IMHO

I think the DS will win overall. New Super Mario Bros had a few years head start, and I just think it will do better review wise than the Wii version.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

sales= wii

score= DS

Sorry unless they make the game hard that's who wins the score. The wii one
will have better sales due to muiltiplayer

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

DS and DS!