By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Mass Effect 2 Thread

@ recon, I do agree it is a little dark, but it is great fun

I have now finished 3 hours of it and apart from the ridiculous loading times, the game is great fun

Around the Network

@munkeh111

Aren't loading times reduced when you install the game to the HDD? Or haven't you installed it yet?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@munkeh111

Aren't loading times reduced when you install the game to the HDD? Or haven't you installed it yet?

I installed disc 2, because I thought that you spent most of the game on that disc because of what IGN said, but I think I will replace disc 2 with disc 1.

Hopefully the times will be reduced then...

Munkeh111 said:
lestatdark said:
@munkeh111

I installed disc 2, because I thought that you spent most of the game on that disc because of what IGN said, but I think I will replace disc 2 with disc 1.

Hmmm, okay then

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Munkeh111 said:
lestatdark said:
@munkeh111

Hmmm, okay then

It is installing now, hopefully I should see a difference. The most annoying part is after death

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
lestatdark said:
Munkeh111 said:
lestatdark said:
@munkeh111

Hmmm, okay then

It is installing now, hopefully I should see a difference. The most annoying part is after death

You get a huge loading scene after each gameover? In ME, the biggest loading scene without install was the transitions between planet and normandy >_<

Current PC Build

Just bought it yesterday, and yes I am officially in love with this game. Excellent, excellent, excellent

Fuck... I'm dead!

I need advice/help from someone who already has the game.

Im near the start of the game, on Omega. Possible spoilers...

I'm about to go to the quarantined area, with the plague that kills Turians.

I want to take Garrus, but afraid he will die... Anyone risked it? Does he live if you take him in?... Advice would be much appreciated.

Carl2291 said:

I want to take Garrus, but afraid he will die... Anyone risked it? Does he live if you take him in?... Advice would be much appreciated.

No need to worry. The plague will not affect anyone in your party.

This is invisible text!

Killergran said:
Carl2291 said:

No need to worry. The plague will not affect anyone in your party.

Even him?