By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who wishes for motion control to die.

rocketpig said:
Great point. God, how I feel so foolish looking at those giant-busted Japanese 15 year olds and not being convinced how they couldn't save the world because their knockers would get in the way?

I am the king of old school "motion control".

*fwap fwap fwap*

Your back! My week has been made!

Former something....

Around the Network

i will always prefer a standard controler to motion controls any day of the week. when the big 3 all make a system with no regular controler then i am done with getting any new game systems and will only game via the older systems.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

My only problem with motion based controllers up until now was that they lacked fine precision and destroyed immersion for me. WM+ and PSWand seem to put this to an end. I'm still waiting for interesting software though before I get excited.

I just want GOOD motion control.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

BMaker11 said:
Nick said:
BMaker11 said:
Me. Wii Fit sells 20M. But do you really need an $80 game and balance board to PRETEND to Hula Hoop? Look, I'm playing Wii Fit right now without even owning the game

/proceeds to pretend hula hoop

Sorta like I don't need to spend $60 on a game like CoD to PRETEND I'm shooting people (with my thumbs).  Look, I'm playing CoD right now without even owning the game.

/proceeds to pretend to shoot people

At least CoD doesn't make you believe you're doing anything besides playing a video game....

Wii Fit makes you think you're "excercising"...when every drill in that game....can be done without the game

The greatness of WiiFit are not the exercises. It is the replacement of a personal trainer. WiiFit checks if you do the exercises correct. And this is a thing you can't do alone. You can perform the tree-position without WiiFit, but you can't see if you hold the balance. Besides it is also really good at tracking your progress and motivate you.

Around the Network

Normal controllers go well IMO with fighting games. I think there is still so much potential left in motion control (I wanna first see what Motion Plus can do). However we may not see the potential of motion control in video games this gen... We may see it either at the near end of this gen or next gen. I guess we'll see what happens. I personally do not care what kind of controller i use as long as it is accurate for a game (Like pointing at the screen in FPSs or 3rd Person Shooters) as it makes a lot of sense. I never liked using analong sticks to aim in FPSs. Hell even on the PSone I played Quake 2 using the directional pad and was an aiming monster. When i switched to analog in any game that is FPS, I miss most of the time (i dont want to get used to the crappy analog aiming). Honestly if the controls fit properly into a game or game genre then it's better for the industry...

Not me.

This thread hurts my brain.

Quick! Someone type in TIME MACHINE in Scribblenauts and get us back to the future!! We are stuck in 2006!

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

they suck at their present form im with you but when they finally creat virtual reality im all for it lol but mostly the implementation needs to get better. Some games work well with it and some do not. Developers need to learn the difference

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!