By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who wishes for motion control to die.

^^^

reason i got wii fit, was it actually gives you feedback, thats what sets it apart.
its not the bomb really, i agree, ea active IS tho. And I needed the balance board for it. Ea Active is a crazy workout, you should try it sometime, one of its 20 minute things, on hard setting or whatever. but yeh wii fit the disc i dont use much anymore (unless i do yoga), but the board, and the channel, so i can still wiegh myself, and try a balance test in the am to help wakeup.

coulda done it all otherways, but gadgets are my life i guess. and TBH seein as i got ea active for free, but it uses wii fit, it was 100 bucks to make exercise less boring, without goin to a gym. and its been way cheaper, and more convenient.

its not a game. but its software on a system none the less. and its been a better use of my time, than chasing my tenth prestige 55 in cod 4 was. not that i dont love cod 4.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network
Esmoreit said:
deathbleachnarutodbz said:
Loo from nitendo making billions on motion control and now sony and microsoft now with motion control there will be the big shift to it and leave controls behind. Just like the switch from 2d to 3d.

you forgot TvC, MH3, JRPGs, etc

Pyramid Head said:
^^^

reason i got wii fit, was it actually gives you feedback, thats what sets it apart.

This is what people seem to ignore/miss about Wii Fit. It isn't that Wii Fit is tricking people into doing exercise, it offers something extra and makes exercising fun. Sure I can do 20 pushups without Wii Fit, but with it they get a bit of guidance, some fun exercises and something to track their progress (which in turn helps them keep motivated as they can see their progress over time). Sure, Wii Fit isn't a total replacement for a personal trainer, but just like games, there are people who are only after casual exercise and personal trainers/gyms are either too expensive or not worth their time.

@Katillian

id rep you if this forum allowed it

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

BMaker11 said:

[...]Wii Fit isn't even a game...it's just an excuse for people to think their doing something other than excercising (by calling it a game), when in reality, they can do everything in Wii Fit without Wii Fit.

You are wrong, in reality.

Without Wii Fit, people cannot perform these exercises with the same kind of balance feedback that the Balance Board provides.  Without Wii Fit, people cannot perform these exercises while watching Wii Fit's specific video presentations, meant to be both informative and entertaining.  And, without Wii Fit, they cannot play the balance games there, which are designed to be both fun and active.

Motivational videos, gym memberships, home equipment, exercise manuals, personal trainers... none of these are necessary for people to do simple stretches, jumping jacks and sit-ups.  However, it is possible that people pursue any of these additional things for valid reasons of their own.  Perhaps you do not understand other people and their motivations... but, if so, that seems more a problem of your capacity for understanding, than a problem with Wii Fit.