By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Malstrom: Microsoft has lost control of the NATAL hype

No way am i reading that!  I already know its just one big bitching out of natal, and saying how it will fail.

How about we wait till it comes out before we fail judge it.

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
mrstickball said:
Which predictions are those, Avinash?

That nintendo would win, dominate the industry, he was saying that before the generation started, that the Wii would basically shift gaming away from the graphical arms race, and as we saw this E3, that is what is happening, that Motion plus as a response to potential motion controls by Sony and MS, something nintendo recently confirmed

And when did Malstrom say this? From what I see on his blog, he's only been posting for 2 years...Not really enough time to give him much credibility.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

jesus kung fu magic said:
Steroid said:
One thing I have noticed is the erosion of the pseudo allegiance Of Microsoft and Nintendo fans since Natal was announced.

MS is doomz if they focus their attention towards Nintendo while leaving their backside open for a very capable Sony to attack.

Steroid.......stfu seriously

Frack you.

mrstickball said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
mrstickball said:

That nintendo would win, dominate the industry, he was saying that before the generation started, that the Wii would basically shift gaming away from the graphical arms race, and as we saw this E3, that is what is happening, that Motion plus as a response to potential motion controls by Sony and MS, something nintendo recently confirmed

And when did Malstrom say this? From what I see on his blog, he's only been posting for 2 years...Not really enough time to give him much credibility.

He has a number of articles on his "main" site.  That's where he said "this".

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
mrstickball said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
mrstickball said:

His blog has been up for only a while, but he also has his main page, and he used to post for the Wiikly when it was still running, most of his older articles can be found there

His articles from the Wiikly, this was before and during the Wii's launch http://thewiikly.zogdog.com/author.php?author=8

His main page http://malstrom.50webs.com/index.htm

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

funny how he says the xbox core fans were up in arms against it .. yes, they are up in arms, but to defend Natal to the last man, heh

Or maybe he was just stretching his points, period.

It dawned on me that it shouldn't be difficult to make a PC version of Natal for uses beyond just game ports as well.

That would actually be pretty interesting, assuming the finished product delivers on the initial claims.

I've said it before

Malstorm is WORSE than the SDF

he's actually serious about all the BS that spews out of his mouth

maybe he's feeling insecure of NATAL

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Malstrom was good when he very first started. Now the guy is just a narcissistic fanboy blowhard.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Whilst I agree about not trusting anything Peter Moleneuyx (sp) says, I do disagree with the idea that Natal was faked (except the Milo part, I'm still not 100% convinced about that one). Also the idea that no one is excited about Natal is a lie.

I dislike motion controllers and I prefer Sony over MS but even I'm giving nothing but thumbs up to Natal, compared to actual MS/360 fans, my approvals are stunted.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?