By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Malstrom: Microsoft has lost control of the NATAL hype

Oh and on another note people that start threads with basically just a link need to add some content of their own to it.

Around the Network

More and more, I'm getting the feeling that Malstrom is the BruceOnGames of Nintendo.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
More and more, I'm getting the feeling that Malstrom is the BruceOnGames of Nintendo.

Except Malstrom is usually right

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I concur in part and dissent in part.

Natal has been hyped by Microsoft, not by the media. For me is hard to understand why would you create hype for a prototype model with no release date.

It could backfire on Microsoft. A casual adult seeing the demo on TV would be interested in the technology and will ask himself "where can I get that?", then goes to the store and he's told that they don't have that yet, but they have motion based Wii or camera enabled eyetoy.

Microsoft must be counting on the would be players to wait on buying any console until Natal is released; but in our current instant gratification market it would be impossible.

The only possible outcome of this hype is to prevent current xbox owners to buy a Wii as a secondary console.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Which predictions are those, Avinash?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

One thing I have noticed is the erosion of the pseudo allegiance Of Microsoft and Nintendo fans since Natal was announced.

MS is doomz if they focus their attention towards Nintendo while leaving their backside open for a very capable Sony to attack.

mrstickball said:
Which predictions are those, Avinash?

That nintendo would win, dominate the industry, he was saying that before the generation started, that the Wii would basically shift gaming away from the graphical arms race, and as we saw this E3, that is what is happening, that Motion plus as a response to potential motion controls by Sony and MS, something nintendo recently confirmed

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

leo-j said:
Im starting to think the media is being bribed to hype natal.. just like twitter..

Idk I didnt see the media going crazy when the eye toy or Wii remote was announced

Seriously, where did Twitter even come from?

Steroid said:
One thing I have noticed is the erosion of the pseudo allegiance Of Microsoft and Nintendo fans since Natal was announced.

MS is doomz if they focus their attention towards Nintendo while leaving their backside open for a very capable Sony to attack.

Steroid.......stfu seriously

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

so he thinks natal will come out in some down graded form... he says the tech demos were fake (or dont work how they said it would)..... he says M$ is playing catch up with nintendo... and he says why hype a product before it even has a release date..... yup pretty much everything we all been saying just i think its to early to tell yet but for the most part i agree with him.

I dont agree with bad hype. as most people will see it and think its cool. any ype is good hype unless the product does not work.