By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Malstrom: Microsoft has lost control of the NATAL hype

Avinash_Tyagi said:
TruckOSaurus said:
More and more, I'm getting the feeling that Malstrom is the BruceOnGames of Nintendo.

Except Malstrom is usually right

Lolololol.

Select quotes from Malstrom:

"the 360 is practically destined for third place worldwide"

"20 million 360 userbase by 2011"

suggested 360 to get no 3rd party support unless MS bought out every game from every dev

All of the above preceded by the usual disclaimers "possibly "looks like" "if things continue as they are" to cover his ass, just in case.

The guy's an attack dog for Nintendo. The Wiikly archives are still up... reading his articles with the perspective of time kills all his credibility.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
TruckOSaurus said:
More and more, I'm getting the feeling that Malstrom is the BruceOnGames of Nintendo.

Lolololol.

suggested 360 to get no 3rd party support unless MS bought out every game from every dev

All of the above preceded by the usual disclaimers "possibly "looks like" "if things continue as they are" to cover his ass, just in case.

The guy's an attack dog for Nintendo. The Wiikly archives are still up... reading his articles with the perspective of time kills all his credibility.

Can we sticky this post? For future Malstrom threads? Jsut as a "readers beware" kind of thing...

Bitmap Frogs said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Lolololol.

I know their up, I linked to them, duh, and even with his few mistakes, he's been right much more than wrong, he was right that this gen would be similar to the NES gen, as a disruptive era, he was right that Wii would make its competitors irrelevant and force them to change.  He was right that this gen would signify the end of the old market.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I really don't know why the same wii fannies keep posting his thoughts.
And it does is get people riled up and the TC some vg$.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Lolololol.

I know their up, I linked to them, duh, and even with his few mistakes, he's been right much more than wrong, he was right that this gen would be similar to the NES gen, as a disruptive era, he was right that Wii would make its competitors irrelevant and force them to change.  He was right that this gen would signify the end of the old market.

The guy has an article about "why is microsoft pulling out from the console business" and midway through it he starts with off-topic trashtalking and hatemongering. He literally oozes hate.

He's got other mistakes on his articles by the way. The only reason he correctly predicted some events wasn't because cold logic and research, it's just that he's been unapologetically backing up nintendo on everything and nintendo ended up winning the race this time. If sony had won instead, sonydefenceforce would look like genious, too.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Lolololol.

The guy has an article about "why is microsoft pulling out from the console business" and midway through it he starts with off-topic trashtalking and hatemongering. He literally oozes hate.

He's got other mistakes on his articles by the way. The only reason he correctly predicted some events wasn't because cold logic and research, it's just that he's been unapologetically backing up nintendo on everything and nintendo ended up winning the race this time. If sony had won instead, sonydefenceforce would look like genious, too.

How was sony going to win, explain to me how they possibly could have won?  They don't appeal to the nongamers, or the lapsed gamers or the casuals, they don't disrutp the market, in fact they follow the same path as before, and their price was obscenely high, there was no way they would win.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Strategyking92 said:
I really don't know why the same wii fannies keep posting his thoughts.
And it does is get people riled up and the TC some vg$.

Because he's a relentless pro-nintendo zealot and thus they like what he writes.

Most people on this site don't give a crap about anything as long as it's aligned with their own bias. 

starcraft said:
Malstrom has gone from someone that had interesting and relevant ideas at the beginning of the generation too being a whiny little fanboy that is threatened by anything and anyone that represents a threat too Nintendo.

Everyone deserves an opportunity too make their ideas work. Granted Sony is simply copying Nintendo, but Microsoft is doing something different and is getting hammered for it in the same way Nintendo was prior to the Wii's launch.

Back then Malstrom opposed that unwarranted criticism. Now it is obvious it wasn't a matter of principle for him, just fanboyism.

Huh!? Didn't you think he was a fanboy back then too?

OT:

I forgive the guy for being  a little excited, he's been waiting for Sony/Ms to make their answers to the Wii for almost 2 years now. He wanted to see how Nintendo would respond, and that Nintendo's E3 2008 didn't fail because of Nintendo but because the competition never  released motion controls.

Anyways there could be just one flawed part on Malstroms end, the PSmote or the Natal (soon to be Xmote) could be FUD devices meant to cause a distraction and not an intent. The only bad way that could affect Microsoft is if people think that Microsoft will drop the 360 like they did the Xbox. Which wont happen because unlike the Xbox Microsoft has no known reason to drop the 360. But most people don't know that.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Lolololol.

How was sony going to win, explain to me how they possibly could have won?  They don't appeal to the nongamers, or the lapsed gamers or the casuals, they don't disrutp the market, in fact they follow the same path as before, and their price was obscenely high, there was no way they would win.

You don't get it. But hey you are posting Malstrom... I should have known.

Ok, let's put it in a simpler way: Malstrom is unapologetically backing Nintendo on everything, which includes saying "they'll win!". It turns out Nintendo won, so in retrospect it makes him look good. He didn't acurately predict anything, he was just doing his pr job for nintendo and boy it happened that Nintendo won. Sonydefenseforce does the same Malstrom does... if the ps3 would have won, sonydefenseforce would in retrospect look good too. Got it now?

Bitmap Frogs said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Lolololol.

You don't get it. But hey you are posting Malstrom... I should have known.

Ok, let's put it in a simpler way: Malstrom is unapologetically backing Nintendo on everything, which includes saying "they'll win!". It turns out Nintendo won, so in retrospect it makes him look good. He didn't acurately predict anything, he was just doing his pr job for nintendo and boy it happened that Nintendo won. Sonydefenseforce does the same Malstrom does... if the ps3 would have won, sonydefenseforce would in retrospect look good too. Got it now?

You are clearly lost, he  predicted why nintendo would win, nintendo didn't win because of some luck of the draw, they won because of their business strategy, and he clearly showed why that strategy would win, and its panned out just as he said it would for Nintendo, so you really don't know what you are talking about.

Try actually reading all of his articles before you post