By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I don't understand the complaints about H3 graphics

I've been playing with the new "Theater" feature in H3 that allows you to take screen shots of the action in a game you just played.

You can see all my stuff on my Bungie profile here: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=Red%20Toof

But here are some samples:

Shot of my friend playing "the Arbitor" in co-op on level 1.

Shot of me dieing (I do that a lot)

Shot of me on the new "Chopper"

Around the Network

The complaints are that you/we have a 'next gen' machine that is not pushing HD graphics.

you don't think that first picture looks HD?

Simple: People expected more.

Personally, I think Halo 3 looks better than Gears of War, but that could just be because I prefer games with colors other than gray.

Yea what DonWii said, it looks to me like one of the best-looking games on either the 360/PS3 in terms of optimizing both the fidelity of the graphics and the aesthetic design.

Around the Network

I think the graphics are excellent. Not quite gears, but then Gears didn't have environments on such an enormous scale. The only thing that bugs me is the whole split screen not using the whole HDTV but apparently they are fixing that with a patch.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I have to agree with DonWii. Gears looks great because the colors are very bland. The sad thing is I don't see myself ever playing Gears again. Maybe if they add something new and exciting to the multiplayer, but I doubt that will happen.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

RussWakelin said:
you don't think that first picture looks HD?

Yeah, but what about the other two?

Or what about this one:

In the desert ones and especially whatever map this is (I haven't played it, this is a friends picture) the textures are terrible. I mean really, that's just one texture that it looks like they lifted from UT2k4 covering the floors, walls, and I imagine the ceiling too. To add to the embarrassment of the picture, there's nothing there except for what I can only guess is a pile of dirt. It's a boring room with one single crappy texture.

That all being said, I don't think Halo 3 looks bad, in fact I think it does look good for the most part, I just don't think it's near the best looking game and from what I've seen there are many lazy parts. Just accept that Halo 3 isn't an eye candy game that sells on looks, it's one that sells because of great multiplayer.

Its just people trying to nitpick Halo3. Any big hype game will get attacked by haters, so just learn to expect it.
It happened to Heavenly Sword a couple weeks ago, and now its Halo3.

Fanboys just love getting new ammo.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Well, take it from someone who has used the theater feature to zoom in and out at watch shells frozen in mid air... There is nothing that looks "lazy" about this game.