By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I don't understand the complaints about H3 graphics

RussWakelin said:
Well, take it from someone who has used the theater feature to zoom in and out at watch shells frozen in mid air... There is nothing that looks "lazy" about this game.

Again, look at my above screenshot.  Seriously, that's pretty much the definition of lazy.  It looks like some kid that just learned how to make maps in UT2k4 made that room.  The only plus side is that it's at least not a complete box.

Around the Network

Check out this article
Then say H3 doesn't look great!
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6179901/index.html?tag=topslot;title;2&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Wow thanks for the link eric.hastings, I haven't noticed how improved graphics are compared to previous incarnations until now.

Anyway, Halo series has never been about graphics, but Halo 3 looks good anyway. I have seen better looking games, but still looks good.

DonWii said:
Simple: People expected more.

Personally, I think Halo 3 looks better than Gears of War, but that could just be because I prefer games with colors other than gray.

Exactly, the point is that Halo is the flagship franchise for the Xbox 360, a console with a strong focus on graphics and HD graphics. Halo 3 doesn't look better than or even as good as some of the other titles on the 360 (Gears, for example) and it isn't running in an HD resolution natively. Halo 3 looks good, and there's nothing wrong with it graphically.  It just doesn't reset the bar to a higher place like Gears did or like people expected. 

eric.hastings said:
Check out this article
Then say H3 doesn't look great!
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6179901/index.html?tag=topslot;title;2&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

I never said Halo 3 looks all around bad, it does look good, I just don't think the looks of the game are anything special.  It's all been done before and done better.  Hell, I would even go as far to say that metroid Prime 3 looks better than Halo 3.  Once again, don't take this as a bad thing.  A game doesn't have to be the best or even near the best to be good.  Thinking a game isn't good because it isn't the best is like saying the team that loses the Superbowl sucks.

Once again, stop trying to defend Halo 3 is the best looking awesome game.  Yes, it looks better than Halo 1 and Halo 2 which is nice, but Halo sells because of the insane awesome multiplayer not the graphics. 

Around the Network

Your shot was a low light scene, so the images aren't as clear. I'm just shocked at how many folks won't believe the game looks good.

And most of 'em are folks who haven't played it.

Of course you can find one or two reviews that think it looks ugly, but the VAST majority think it looks great.

i like the graphics of halo 3, but does not matter is are the best or the worst, the most important is the game, the graphics of alls gta sucks but are great games.

I don't think I said it was the best looking game ever. I believe I said I don't understand why some folks don't think it looks good.

I do think it is the best looking game ever at the scale of what it does. Gears combat is very small scale when compaired to what Halo pulls off.

(I've yet to see a scene in Metroid Prime that matches a scene in Halo, but admitidly I haven't played all the way through MP)

you are right russ the folks that said that halo 3 dont looks good are blind

or sonyfanboys