By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FORZA 3 : Screenshot update. HOLY CR*P!

kirby007 said:
leo-j said:
Why do you always always post "Forza 3 by far the best looking racer" or "Forza 3 by far the best looking game" on every single one of your threads?

why the hell not it obviously is

Its not

mM
Around the Network
Akvod said:
selnor said:
Xen said:
kirby007 said:
leo-j said:
Why do you always always post "Forza 3 by far the best looking racer" or "Forza 3 by far the best looking game" on every single one of your threads?

It was 'till I watched the E3 '09 GT5 trailer.

I'll point something out that all Fanboys threw at me when GRID first trailer happened.

Remember Grids first trailer. It used game engine for that trailer. I was like wow. All the Sony fans said in as many words " it might be ingame engine, but it's had loads of effects added because it's scripted. Even though it shows cockpit mode to, it will look nowhere near that as it's seriously souped up."

Guess what they were all right. GRID looked nothing like the original trailer even though it was game engine. I suggest you take that advice to. GT5 trailer was 100% scripted and ingame engine. But it was overdosed with effects galore and showed NO actual gameplay. After all this time developing you have to ask why they didnt show gameplay the day after Forza 3 was playable on showfloor. Wait for the gameplay. Becasue like every other game with it's trailer before it, will not look like that.

Don't feed the troll (Xen), but you didn't really respond to the original poster, leo-j who I think has somewhat of a point. If you were saying that Forza, as an objective fact, was the best looking racer, then you're overstepping it. But as long as you make it clear that it's your personal opinion that Forza 3 is the best looking racer, then there's no problem with the statement.

"I firmly believe that Forza 3 will win Best graphics across the board with media for 2009"

Here are the words copied and pasted from the OP. I dont see how much more I can emphasize 'I' and 'believe'.

Nowhere does this comment make it look like fact. Even if I think it's as clear as day. But I have already addressed Leo-j's comment 16 posts back including this one. :)

@Akvod: So, selnor thinking that Forza 3 looks best is legitimate and me thinking GT5 looks better is trolling?

Makes no sense whatsoever, but I do hope you feel good up on that pedestal of yours.

@Selnor: it'll be pretty close, I'm sure. But not that good, I agree - because it has angles you'll never see yourself... its effects are secondary, I'd say.

leo-j said:
kirby007 said:
leo-j said:

Its not

There's no difference. People that think there is a difference between F3 and GT5 are graphics whores. Or just fangirls *cough* guy above *cough*

Xen said:

@Akvod: So, selnor thinking that Forza 3 looks best is legitimate and me thinking GT5 looks better is trolling?

Makes no sense whatsoever, but I do hope you feel good up on that pedestal of yours.

By mentioning GT5 in a forza 3 thread that is posted in the Microsoft section is kind of trolling. You can simply say you don't agree that forza 3 is not the best racer without mentioning GT5. By mentioning GT5, this thread will just end up being a forza 3 vs GT5 debate instead of a thread that was suppose to be about forza 3. 

Around the Network
Xen said:

@Selnor: it'll be pretty close, I'm sure. But not that good, I agree - because it has angles you'll never see yourself... its effects are secondary, I'd say.

Of course. GT5 will be either slighty better in graphics, slightly worse or about equal. Either way, the average consumer passing in the street will never tell the difference. Everyone seems to expect the PS3 to do that level of graphics. ( probably due to original Sony hype ). But when the 360 pulled that out the bag, even I thought hold on a sec. I'd love to show EA their comment about maxed out, take them over to Forza 3 and say " So what were you saying ". LOL

Akvod said:
Can we stop threatening people with "I'm going to report you"? It should never be used as a threat =/

Actually on Gamefaqs, it's considered a form of trolling.

wow. why are you guys fighting so much?. both GT5 and forza 3 will be great right? thats all we need.

All I can say is this: After seeing these screenshots, this game has become a day one purchase for me. I'm not the biggest racing game fan, save for Burnout Paradise, but this game looks absolutely stunning. I hope it plays as good as it looks.

I'm also a little amused at the reaction to these screenshots. It looks like some PS3 fanboys are a little taken aback that the 360 can actually render photo-realistic graphics. GT5 may sell more copies than Forza 3........but then again, Forza 3 is probably going to come out first and will be aimed at a bigger user base. I don't think it's going to be a hardware seller or anything, but most games aren't in this stage of a generation.

PS3 zealots, there's no need for sour grapes here. You'll get your exclusive racer too. Sheesh. Arguing over the OP's opinion of the foliage just makes you look like a bitter fanboy.

Forza 3 is a mighty fine looking game however I believe this game will not win best graphics across the board in 2009 because there is a extended demo which was released in 2007 which looks just as good if not better.

I personally also think that Turn 10 need to stop spouting shit when the game is missing many features. Weather of any form is one (will be announced later on I assume) and more than 8 cars on a track at a time would also help.

Squillium or whateever his name is and selnor agreeing is nothing really to go by, they are both on another spectrum. I knew my eyes would be burning when I entered this thread and I was correct............GT5 was mentioned. Well good (or bad whatever way you look at it) news is that there will be a cover story on GT5 in OPM France and UK. After that I am sure be will be able to compare that little bit more.