By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FORZA 3 : Screenshot update. HOLY CR*P!

tarheel91 said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:

Why do people on the internet seem to have problems with things. It's like everyone gets shouted at at work or school and decides to come to the internet to be leader or that their way is better. The last shots posted were from June 6. Ok so I could have found the old thread and bumped it, but at the same time I havent hurt anyone by posting the new images in a new thread. It saved time for me, and everyone still can see the images.

If you really want me to do it that way, I'll use thread if it makes everyone happy. Come on people, there's people out there who dont even eat bread everyday.

The fact that you posted old screenshots make it even worse... most people find it annoying when they find threads of the same subject matter being posted over and over, especially when the old threads are on the last page, even on the same page. What's even more annoying is seeing someone REpost something.

Please send me the link for where they were posted already. These shots were released today June 12.

"The last shots posted were from June 6. Ok so I could have found the old thread and bumped it, but at the same time I havent hurt anyone by posting the new images in a new thread. It saved time for me, and everyone still can see the images."

Did I misunderstand you when you said this?

I think so. June 6 Official Forza put up the first batch of screens. Today June 12 they put up these ones. These shots are a completely different track and no lemans cars have been shown before. So they are brand new. Not reposts. Sorry if I confused you.

Oh ok, I see, sorry for misunderstanding you, re-reading that I feel like an idiot for not understanding earlier. I hope you take no offense, over what me an a few other people have said. I've been seeing and lurking the Forza 3 threads and I just felt like speaking up now, because I felt it was ridiculous to see yet another thread for a few screenshots. If it was a game where screenshots were rare and scarce then I wouldn't have mind, but Turn 10 is doing a good job of releasing new screens. But because of that I think that the fans should still respect the forum they use and limit the ammount of new threads.

I think Forza 3 looks awesome, and I just wanted you to stop being hot headed and realize that the guy who you responded to wasn't necessarily being critical of the graphics, certainly not derailing the thread nor being a fanboy.

The issue, Akvod, is that someone posted these same pics in the other thread.  Discussion went on for a few posts in said thread, and it ended.  There was no need to post these screens again in another thread.

Ahh ok. Really sorry. I was on my 2nd ban ever then. Missed it. Hmmm Gamersyde got those shots early. Official Forza site put them up today with todays date. I'll put all the original ones in this thread in OP and keep this thread. Is that cool?

Around the Network
Akvod said:
Squilliam said:
It feels like a nice change to have a million Xbox 360 game related threads clogging up the forums than the millions of PS3 related game threads clogging up the forums like we used to have. Just for the fact that its different is a refreshing feel even though I don't think either scenario is particularly good for the overall forum and for the general forum population.

I don't think it's a good thing to have one bad thing replace another, even if it is a fresh of air... that's like saying "Yay, instead of having a war, we have an epidemic now! Sure they're both bad, but one's something new!"

It's never good to have the duplicate threads flood a forum, even if it is a "breath of fresh air".

See red bolded.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Akvod said:
Squilliam said:
It feels like a nice change to have a million Xbox 360 game related threads clogging up the forums than the millions of PS3 related game threads clogging up the forums like we used to have. Just for the fact that its different is a refreshing feel even though I don't think either scenario is particularly good for the overall forum and for the general forum population.

I don't think it's a good thing to have one bad thing replace another, even if it is a fresh of air... that's like saying "Yay, instead of having a war, we have an epidemic now! Sure they're both bad, but one's something new!"

It's never good to have the duplicate threads flood a forum, even if it is a "breath of fresh air".

See red bolded.

But you still said that you thought it was a nice change, due to it being different and a refereshing feel.

Lets just drop it ok? No need to start an argument over something as petty as this.

selnor said:
tarheel91 said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:

Why do people on the internet seem to have problems with things. It's like everyone gets shouted at at work or school and decides to come to the internet to be leader or that their way is better. The last shots posted were from June 6. Ok so I could have found the old thread and bumped it, but at the same time I havent hurt anyone by posting the new images in a new thread. It saved time for me, and everyone still can see the images.

If you really want me to do it that way, I'll use thread if it makes everyone happy. Come on people, there's people out there who dont even eat bread everyday.

The fact that you posted old screenshots make it even worse... most people find it annoying when they find threads of the same subject matter being posted over and over, especially when the old threads are on the last page, even on the same page. What's even more annoying is seeing someone REpost something.

Please send me the link for where they were posted already. These shots were released today June 12.

"The last shots posted were from June 6. Ok so I could have found the old thread and bumped it, but at the same time I havent hurt anyone by posting the new images in a new thread. It saved time for me, and everyone still can see the images."

Did I misunderstand you when you said this?

I think so. June 6 Official Forza put up the first batch of screens. Today June 12 they put up these ones. These shots are a completely different track and no lemans cars have been shown before. So they are brand new. Not reposts. Sorry if I confused you.

Oh ok, I see, sorry for misunderstanding you, re-reading that I feel like an idiot for not understanding earlier. I hope you take no offense, over what me an a few other people have said. I've been seeing and lurking the Forza 3 threads and I just felt like speaking up now, because I felt it was ridiculous to see yet another thread for a few screenshots. If it was a game where screenshots were rare and scarce then I wouldn't have mind, but Turn 10 is doing a good job of releasing new screens. But because of that I think that the fans should still respect the forum they use and limit the ammount of new threads.

I think Forza 3 looks awesome, and I just wanted you to stop being hot headed and realize that the guy who you responded to wasn't necessarily being critical of the graphics, certainly not derailing the thread nor being a fanboy.

The issue, Akvod, is that someone posted these same pics in the other thread.  Discussion went on for a few posts in said thread, and it ended.  There was no need to post these screens again in another thread.

Ahh ok. Really sorry. I was on my 2nd ban ever then. Missed it. Hmmm Gamersyde got those shots early. Official Forza site put them up today with todays date. I'll put all the original ones in this thread in OP and keep this thread. Is that cool?

It doesn't really matter to me as long as you only use one thread.  Not much can be done about the other threads, I suppose.  I'm not going to make a mod deal with a thread that's already sunk a few pages.

Akvod said:
Squilliam said:

See red bolded.

But you still said that you thought it was a nice change, due to it being different and a refereshing feel.

Lets just drop it ok? No need to start an argument over something as petty as this.

Its dropped, but overall my opinion is not in favour. I just want to make that part clear.

Tease.

Around the Network

I actually don't mind Selnor making a new thread whenever new screenshots are posted.  If he didn't i probably wouldn't see half of the screenshots cause once a topic in my hot topics section disapears, then i just usually forget about it (unless its tagged) I think its just pissed fanboys getting mad at the awesomeness of these photo's

So here's the solution,  make a official forza 3 screenshots/game thread and have a mod tag it.  then it wouldn't get lost in all the other threads...

I don't think they look too good..

but off topic @carl prepare to be banned

Can we stop threatening people with "I'm going to report you"? It should never be used as a threat =/

Xen said:
kirby007 said:
leo-j said:
Why do you always always post "Forza 3 by far the best looking racer" or "Forza 3 by far the best looking game" on every single one of your threads?

why the hell not it obviously is

It was 'till I watched the E3 '09 GT5 trailer.

I'll point something out that all Fanboys threw at me when GRID first trailer happened.

Remember Grids first trailer. It used game engine for that trailer. I was like wow. All the Sony fans said in as many words " it might be ingame engine, but it's had loads of effects added because it's scripted. Even though it shows cockpit mode to, it will look nowhere near that as it's seriously souped up."

Guess what they were all right. GRID looked nothing like the original trailer even though it was game engine. I suggest you take that advice to. GT5 trailer was 100% scripted and ingame engine. But it was overdosed with effects galore and showed NO actual gameplay. After all this time developing you have to ask why they didnt show gameplay the day after Forza 3 was playable on showfloor. Wait for the gameplay. Becasue like every other game with it's trailer before it, will not look like that.

selnor said:
Xen said:
kirby007 said:
leo-j said:
Why do you always always post "Forza 3 by far the best looking racer" or "Forza 3 by far the best looking game" on every single one of your threads?

why the hell not it obviously is

It was 'till I watched the E3 '09 GT5 trailer.

I'll point something out that all Fanboys threw at me when GRID first trailer happened.

Remember Grids first trailer. It used game engine for that trailer. I was like wow. All the Sony fans said in as many words " it might be ingame engine, but it's had loads of effects added because it's scripted. Even though it shows cockpit mode to, it will look nowhere near that as it's seriously souped up."

Guess what they were all right. GRID looked nothing like the original trailer even though it was game engine. I suggest you take that advice to. GT5 trailer was 100% scripted and ingame engine. But it was overdosed with effects galore and showed NO actual gameplay. After all this time developing you have to ask why they didnt show gameplay the day after Forza 3 was playable on showfloor. Wait for the gameplay. Becasue like every other game with it's trailer before it, will not look like that.

Don't feed the troll (Xen), but you didn't really respond to the original poster, leo-j who I think has somewhat of a point. If you were saying that Forza, as an objective fact, was the best looking racer, then you're overstepping it. But as long as you make it clear that it's your personal opinion that Forza 3 is the best looking racer, then there's no problem with the statement.