By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FORZA 3 : Screenshot update. HOLY CR*P!

Akvod said:
selnor said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:

Why do people on the internet seem to have problems with things. It's like everyone gets shouted at at work or school and decides to come to the internet to be leader or that their way is better. The last shots posted were from June 6. Ok so I could have found the old thread and bumped it, but at the same time I havent hurt anyone by posting the new images in a new thread. It saved time for me, and everyone still can see the images.

If you really want me to do it that way, I'll use thread if it makes everyone happy. Come on people, there's people out there who dont even eat bread everyday.

The fact that you posted old screenshots make it even worse... most people find it annoying when they find threads of the same subject matter being posted over and over, especially when the old threads are on the last page, even on the same page. What's even more annoying is seeing someone REpost something.

Please send me the link for where they were posted already. These shots were released today June 12.

"The last shots posted were from June 6. Ok so I could have found the old thread and bumped it, but at the same time I havent hurt anyone by posting the new images in a new thread. It saved time for me, and everyone still can see the images."

Did I misunderstand you when you said this?

I think so. June 6 Official Forza put up the first batch of screens. Today June 12 they put up these ones. These shots are a completely different track and no lemans cars have been shown before. So they are brand new. Not reposts. Sorry if I confused you.

Around the Network

Those screen shots certainly impressed me that's for sure. The foliage is blurry because its in motion but yeah the car models look out of this world. I wonder if they are going to add individual dashes to each car like GT5: prologue (if they didn't have it already in 2 that is). Some of the calls they have made is just pure marketing really but they game is no doubt a winner. Looking forward to this just as much as GT5.

kirby007 said:
leo-j said:
Why do you always always post "Forza 3 by far the best looking racer" or "Forza 3 by far the best looking game" on every single one of your threads?

why the hell not it obviously is

It was 'till I watched the E3 '09 GT5 trailer.

kirby007 said:
leo-j said:
Why do you always always post "Forza 3 by far the best looking racer" or "Forza 3 by far the best looking game" on every single one of your threads?

why the hell not it obviously is

I'm glad most people see clearly. :)

In this thread I said in OP I firmly believe it will win best graphics 2009 across the board with media. Your to statements imply me presenting fact in this thread, when clearly I state opinion. Leo-j your fave console had it's moment with it's flagship racer, now 360 is getting it's moment with it's flagship racer. When the reviews come in in October what are going to say when the reviewers all say best looking racer out. And give top scores to graphics? It's clear as day.

selnor said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:

Why do people on the internet seem to have problems with things. It's like everyone gets shouted at at work or school and decides to come to the internet to be leader or that their way is better. The last shots posted were from June 6. Ok so I could have found the old thread and bumped it, but at the same time I havent hurt anyone by posting the new images in a new thread. It saved time for me, and everyone still can see the images.

If you really want me to do it that way, I'll use thread if it makes everyone happy. Come on people, there's people out there who dont even eat bread everyday.

The fact that you posted old screenshots make it even worse... most people find it annoying when they find threads of the same subject matter being posted over and over, especially when the old threads are on the last page, even on the same page. What's even more annoying is seeing someone REpost something.

Please send me the link for where they were posted already. These shots were released today June 12.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=75857&page=2

Post two of the second page (and second to last).  You see what they did?  They posted it IN THE SAME THREAD.  Genius, I know.  All you simply have to do, believe it or not, is edit the first post with a big notice saying "New screens posted!", bump the thread, and boom, people see the pics, and the forums aren't cluttered with all these Forza 3 screens threads.

Edit: By the way, forum rule number 2 goes as follows:

Avoid thread duplication. As a general rule, moderators allow a good latitude for threads on closely related subjects. However, at moderator's discretion, threads may be consolidated if they are not sufficiently distinct from other active threads. To help avoid having your thread locked, always review the thread titles on the first page VGCharts before posting. If you are going to post a subject that is similar to that of an ongoing discussion, take great care that your thread topic and your post body clearly show how your thread differs from the others out there.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:

"The last shots posted were from June 6. Ok so I could have found the old thread and bumped it, but at the same time I havent hurt anyone by posting the new images in a new thread. It saved time for me, and everyone still can see the images."

I think so. June 6 Official Forza put up the first batch of screens. Today June 12 they put up these ones. These shots are a completely different track and no lemans cars have been shown before. So they are brand new. Not reposts. Sorry if I confused you.

Oh ok, I see, sorry for misunderstanding you, re-reading that I feel like an idiot for not understanding earlier. I hope you take no offense, over what me an a few other people have said. I've been seeing and lurking the Forza 3 threads and I just felt like speaking up now, because I felt it was ridiculous to see yet another thread for a few screenshots. If it was a game where screenshots were rare and scarce then I wouldn't have mind, but Turn 10 is doing a good job of releasing new screens. But because of that I think that the fans should still respect the forum they use and limit the ammount of new threads.

I think Forza 3 looks awesome, and I just wanted you to stop being hot headed and realize that the guy who you responded to wasn't necessarily being critical of the graphics, certainly not derailing the thread nor being a fanboy.

Akvod said:
selnor said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:
Akvod said:
selnor said:

Oh ok, I see, sorry for misunderstanding you, re-reading that I feel like an idiot for not understanding earlier. I hope you take no offense, over what me an a few other people have said. I've been seeing and lurking the Forza 3 threads and I just felt like speaking up now, because I felt it was ridiculous to see yet another thread for a few screenshots. If it was a game where screenshots were rare and scarce then I wouldn't have mind, but Turn 10 is doing a good job of releasing new screens. But because of that I think that the fans should still respect the forum they use and limit the ammount of new threads.

I think Forza 3 looks awesome, and I just wanted you to stop being hot headed and realize that the guy who you responded to wasn't necessarily being critical of the graphics, certainly not derailing the thread nor being a fanboy.

The issue, Akvod, is that someone posted these same pics in the other thread.  Discussion went on for a few posts in said thread, and it ended.  There was no need to post these screens again in another thread.

It feels like a nice change to have a million Xbox 360 game related threads clogging up the forums than the millions of PS3 related game threads clogging up the forums like we used to have. Just for the fact that its different is a refreshing feel even though I don't think either scenario is particularly good for the overall forum and for the general forum population.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
It feels like a nice change to have a million Xbox 360 game related threads clogging up the forums than the millions of PS3 related game threads clogging up the forums like we used to have. Just for the fact that its different is a refreshing feel even though I don't think either scenario is particularly good for the overall forum and for the general forum population.

I don't think it's a good thing to have one bad thing replace another, even if it is a fresh of air... that's like saying "Yay, instead of having a war, we have an epidemic now! Sure they're both bad, but one's something new!"

It's never good to have the duplicate threads flood a forum, even if it is a "breath of fresh air".

I'm actually less impressed each time I see it. I still think it looks fantastic, but not the best.