By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom says 'never say never' with Street Fighter IV on Wii

"Clearly its a risky endeavor."

Unwritten implication is it is more risky than supporting HD systems alone, which is false. Capcom themselves found that out when their profits plummeted last year, due to the time and money some of these games are taking.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

Unwritten implication is it is more risky than supporting HD systems alone, which is false. Capcom themselves found that out when their profits plummeted last year, due to the time and money some of these games are taking.

If HD consoles are more risky than why are major developers still ignoring the Wii?

mjc2021 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

If HD consoles are more risky than why are major developers still ignoring the Wii?

Wrong response. I wrote supporting them alone. Epic doesn't even get all their income from HD games (sales of their engine have been very good to them).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

mjc2021 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Your question was answered when Capcom decided to move Monster Hunter 3 to the wii, Square decided to move DQ X to the wii, or even Codemasters dol Overlord for the wii. Those are just samples really, but are among biggest gaming franchises.Ignoring doesnt matches well when they bring biggest franchises in an exclusive format isnt it?

mjc2021 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
mjc2021 said:
The real problem is they would essentially have to rebuild the game from scratch due to the Wii hardware being so... inferior. The Arcade, PC, 360, and PS3 are all essentially the same game. The Wii requires special attention (i.e. $$$) and apparently Capcom doesn't feel its a worthwhile endeavor.

Since they're making a PC version they have to have some scaling ability to the engine, if it could scale down enough a port to the Wii wouldn't be that hard or costly, though if they had thought of making it from the start it wouldn't cost too terribly much as bard has stated while you're making a model when you've made the basic concept of the model before you make all the details for the HD model you take the basic model and save it there to be made into the Wii's less detailed model it would be an easy process.

I'm not a developer but it sounds like you're over simplifying the work that actually has to be done.

Because I was writing what bard has stated in a simple way?  And he's in game development? 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
intro94 said:
mjc2021 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Your question was answered when Capcom decided to move Monster Hunter 3 to the wii, Square decided to move DQ X to the wii, or even Codemasters dol Overlord for the wii. Those are just samples really, but are among biggest gaming franchises.Ignoring doesnt matches well when they bring biggest franchises in an exclusive format isnt it?

Poor examples in my opinion. I don't hear people clamoring for any of those.

No thanks. I might have considered it if it was released along side the other consoles.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Zucas said:
Ya know I'd probably buy it if it came on the Wii. I bought the 360 version and I can't play it. The 360 controller is just so bad for an arcade fighter that I literally can't play it. And I can't find any of those game pads so I'm screwed. Playing it on the wiimote flipped around like the old school controllers would be perfect. So that would be wonderful Capcom as I'd actually be able to play the game.

@Bolded-I don't think that would work. It gives you access to the D-Pad and three accessible buttons, with a bit of an uncomfortable reach for the B trigger to act as a fourth. However, that's still two shy of being a proper controller option for Street Fighter IV. I say they would likely have classic controller/Gamecube controller support and the traditional control setup is a motion control enabled setup with the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

mjc2021 said:
intro94 said:
mjc2021 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Poor examples in my opinion. I don't hear people clamoring for any of those.

Monster hunter is quite clamored by gamers. and in Japan its quite expected with hundreths of sites devoted to it, as well as an special edition to it.The only PS3 game(since its release) to have a similar expectation is FFXIII. For decades the reservations of DQ have been known to be one of the higuest in history.Just because -you-a single individual with partial knowledge of a topic- doesnt "thinks" or "hears" makes it less revelant.Your opinion has no bearing on facts.Is like me saying ooh i think Mariooo is not a big franchise.Yes i can have the opinion,but is silly to think it has weight on solid numbers and facts.

Nah... i dont want SFIV... give me capcom vs tatsunoko and marvel vs capcom instead x)