By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom says 'never say never' with Street Fighter IV on Wii

whatever

Around the Network
mjc2021 said:
Soriku said:
OH MY GOD! Let's totally ignore those two titles even though they did sell well and one hasn't even arrived in EU yet and say that Pokemon has ONLY sold well! And also let's totally ignore, in Japan, that ToS: DotNW outsold every single 360 RPG but didn't outsell WKC, but DQS crushed everything other console JRPG!

Their sales are average for games of their popularity. You act like they set the charts on fire. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey sold considerably better than both with a much smaller user base and I don't consider them outstanding sellers either.

Edit: Also the Wii has a userbase 8 times larger than the 360 in Japan. I would assume the Wii would crush the 360 in software sales all the time.

Smaller userbase or not it´s the total sales that matter for publishers and here Wii  already has the topselling RPG of this gen in Japan on consoles and that is with a spinoff (Dragon Quest Swords), also like Soriku said ToS 2 has outsold all of 360 rpg´s in Japan. Not to mention that it´s only now Wii´s true heavyhitters from the 3d parties are arriving,  Namco-Bandai´s Tales of Graces should do well and although they´re not rpg´s both Monster Hunter 3 and Samurai Warrior 3 will slaughter everything released for 360 in Japan (remember total sales are what matter for publishers, not the salesrate of the userbase, that´s something fanboys try to use in defense of their system of choise when discussing sales).

It is somewhat annoying that some bash the sales of thirdparty games on Wii in Japan when the fact is that up until now Wii has not gotten ANY major title from thirdpartypublishers and still has been able to compete with the HD consoles in sales, both of which to be honest has gotten their large share of big thirdpartytitles in Japan (RE 5, Y3, DMC 4, MGS 4, DW 6 and so on). That is about to change in the coming halfyear or so and watch out, Wii is going to blaze through with great thirdpartysales with titles like MH 3 and Tales of Graces.

@ samus aran rules
It would be nice to see "heavyhitters" on the Wii outside of JRPG. As an American it just doesn't appeal to me I guess.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom only sold 100K in Japan. Numbers like can't help future support from developers either. Oh well, enjoy your JRPGs.

mjc2021 said:
@ samus aran rules
It would be nice to see "heavyhitters" on the Wii outside of JRPG. As an American it just doesn't appeal to me I guess.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom only sold 100K in Japan. Numbers like can't help future support from developers either. Oh well, enjoy your JRPGs.

Actually, 100k is really good for Japan. It's about the max amount of sales one could expect from the game.

mjc2021 said:
@ samus aran rules

Well to be fair neither Monster Hunter 3 or Samurai Warriors 3 are JRPG to my knowledge. Tales of Graces is an RPG though.

Around the Network

Well, if it's on Wii since it's graphics would not be as good as the PS3 or 360 version, then hopefully they would make it cheaper.

Unless they make it cheaper or add as a bonus the same Marvel vs Capcom 2 they will sell on PSN/XBLA I ain't buying it.
I'm way more interested on Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
But it would sell, never the less, Streef Fighter cover enought of the wide range of wii's demographics

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

interesting but i really dont see it happening. Just my opinion. And no i dont have any facts to back it up. However its good for wii owners if it does but personally im not a big fighting game fan.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

samus aran rules said:
mjc2021 said:
@ samus aran rules

Well to be fair neither Monster Hunter 3 or Samurai Warriors 3 are JRPG to my knowledge. Tales of Graces is an RPG though.

MH3 is a action rpg. Samurai Warriors 3 is a hack n' slash. Anyhow these are games that obviously appeal mostly (almost entirely) to a Japanese audience. A lot of Wii owners consider these major releases that will have an impact on future 3rd party support. I can't say that I agree with that.

@ mjc2021,

You're stating that action RPG's don't sell well in America. Have you ever heard of the game series "Diablo"?

Hardware is only a means to enjoy great games!