By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom says 'never say never' with Street Fighter IV on Wii

If they have to have a token Wii and Nunchuck setup, then do so, but put something like "Classic Controller Compatible" on the front of the box to make it clear that's what you're supposed to use.

Heck, if Nintendo allowed CC bundles over here as they do in Japan, that would make a perfect match.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I would take it if the up the pace closely to Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, SFIV looked so slow (although very very impressive)

i might skip a pc version and get this one. Im sure after tatsunoko having online,they would keep it for SF4, and maybe a bonus character would be in order to compensate the delay.

Zucas said:
Ya know I'd probably buy it if it came on the Wii. I bought the 360 version and I can't play it. The 360 controller is just so bad for an arcade fighter that I literally can't play it. And I can't find any of those game pads so I'm screwed. Playing it on the wiimote flipped around like the old school controllers would be perfect. So that would be wonderful Capcom as I'd actually be able to play the game.

Are you high? If there's anything worse than playing SF4 with a 360 pad it must be playing with a wiimote..get yourself a madcatz fightpad you can ebay it for around $50, worth it.

If it came to the Wii, I certainly wouldn't mind dropping the dough if the core elements remained intact, such as especially the gameplay.

Yeah no way street fighter mechanics could work on the...

OH NOES!  Seriously what can't be done the Wii?  Its a 2d fighter with low poly backgrounds and the same fighting mechanics of the 3D street fighters that ran on the PS1.

Either way, Street Fighter 3 is better. On Dreamcast.

Around the Network
Dinomax said:

OH NOES!  Seriously what can't be done the Wii?  Its a 2d fighter with low poly backgrounds and the same fighting mechanics of the 3D street fighters that ran on the PS1.

wut, lol, you're talking about Street Fighter IV, right?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Dinomax said:

nah hes right, use gorgeous 3d models from tvc (maybe improved since Sf4 runs slower), and voila, insta port. Not really very complicated.

intro94 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Dinomax said:

nah hes right, use gorgeous 3d models from tvc (maybe improved since Sf4 runs slower), and voila, insta port. Not really very complicated.

I said nothing about a port, I was just concerned that he thinks SFIV is a 2D fighter with low poly backgrounds :/

The real problem is they would essentially have to rebuild the game from scratch due to the Wii hardware being so... inferior. The Arcade, PC, 360, and PS3 are all essentially the same game. The Wii requires special attention (i.e. $$$) and apparently Capcom doesn't feel its a worthwhile endeavor.

lol, so you think porting a much more niche and lesser sold game like Dead rising was cheaper? they even acknowledged the posibility of RE5 last week. I think you are out of touch.When Capcom says its a possibility ,or in the case of RE5, a big chance, they are not saying:we are not willing to like you imply.They even used DR CTYD as an example. Porting SF4 would be much cheaper AND profitable than DR.And if they are willing to port a much graphically heavy game like RE5, this seems like a walk in the park to me.