By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you could end a franchise what one would you end?

NOTE: I am assuming that the franchises get one more game to resolve matters.

1) Megaman. Not to knock Megaman -I love the series- but I want to see how it ends: a game that ends each of the storylines and ties them together into a cohesive whole.
2) Zelda. Again, not to knock Zelda, but I subscribe to the theory that as a series about a legend, it's told many versions of the same story. I want to see it end with the truth: the "historical" events (relative to the game's reality, of course) that sparked the legends.
3) Soul Calibur. Rather than strictly ending the series, begin it: go back to the origins of the weapons.
4) Imagine. End it with Imagine: Game Developer, where in the end you get fired for coming up with that blasted series.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
Age of Empires. A series that lost its way

You may be in luck, the company that made AoE went out of business so there may be no more.

But Microsoft may sell it to some third party developers.

Sonic should go back to 2D it doesn't have to die =p.

sonic

im sorry but neither sega nor sonic team can fix him at this point. infact they just make him worse.

killeryoshis said:
Age of Empires. A series that lost its way

Hey now, the 4th one isn't even rumored to be in development! You made me sad... Ensemble won't be making any more, that's for sure.

The only dissapointment was the third one. Although, if that means we'd see more Age of Mythology games, it might be worth it. I still have AoE II after all.

OT: Guitar Hero. There have been way too many of those released already, and there are tons more on the way.

EDIT:

JRPG said:
Ratchet and Clank

What are they up to now 7? 8?

You are not my friend. ;_;

EDIT 2: I shouldn't have come into this thread; people want to get rid of two of my favorite franchises! I think a part of me died because of this.

Around the Network

I would end Zelda, it's not that great.

Also I wouldn't end Call of Duty, but I would stop Treyarch from making them.

Oh and Guitar Hero - honestly what difference is there between the original GH and Guitar Hero 2/3/World Tour? Just the songs. Oh yeah and they copied Rock band with drums and singing.

Resident Evil...I've been waiting for an ending for ages...I wanna know how it ends T_T
And Soul Calibur...Seriously, if all you can do is make the tits bigger and thongs smaller, it's time for a break.

I would like to see Street Fighter and Sonic put to rest.

And people saying Call of Duty are just silly, CoD: World at War is my GotY. And Modern Warfare 2 is probably the most anticapted game in the world other the FF.

Justin said:
Orca_Azure said:
Guitar Hero. I just cannot stand the game. It's like entering 1 long cheat code <_<

The first really good answer.  I can't believe it took this long.

Definitely Guitar Hero.

Guitar Hero agreed