By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NATAL is racist - Cannot pick up dark skin

Cobretti2 said:
this is nothing new.

Some hand dry machines in public toilets don't pick up black skin. My friend is black and said the shit it broken. I tried it and it worked lol.

Poor guy had to use hand towels lol.

I wonder if it's for the same reason (assuming the Natal problem was due to skin color...).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Looks like the Natal will have problems just like the 360 have problems with the RROD.

ahcheng said:

I feel so sorry

no NATAL for niggers

.....Obama.....  nevermind Wii is enough

Better edit that post. Before you get banned.

I have to say it would be very easy for Microsoft to 'doctor' up the celebrities playing video by cutting out parts that might have shown issues with the tracking, in fact if there were any they certainly would have edited it out. It is a promotional video after all. It certainly doesn't disprove the point that was made in the start of this thread.

Torillian said:
You'd think they would have atleast one black tester when they were making it. Not even that they meant to, but statistically it just seems likely. I'm sure there's a solution of some kind though.

Actually, this is one case where they really should have deliberately put people of all races, both genders, and different body types on the teasing team. When you're building something to recognize the human body, that's just proper QA: you check all of the feasible cases. I'm not inclined to think that there are many cases in this world where gender/racial/morphic/whatever diversity is truly a bona fide need, but this is most certainly one such case. Being able to recognize the human body means all human bodies.

If Microsoft wasn't diligent enough in testing Natal, that's negligence on its part. But then, Hollywood could have told you that Microsoft was biting off more than it could chew: there's a reason movies still use sensors, rather than cameras, for motion capture.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Maybe it just doesn't work on fat people?

dude, your sig is crazy man. Kratos is a beast!

OT, looks like natal is a bug fest that would be releasing later not sooner. I still don't know why people opt for looking weird in front of their TVs as opposed to sitting down with controller in hand. I guess I just don't "get it"

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Torillian said:
You'd think they would have atleast one black tester when they were making it. Not even that they meant to, but statistically it just seems likely. I'm sure there's a solution of some kind though.

The natal jacket, think of the Wii remote jacket that goes over your whole body :D

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Wait a minute.
http://kotaku.com/5285259/look-sugar-ray-leonard-eric-dickerson-willie-gault-using-the-natal

I can't see Eric Dickerson or Willie Gault to have problems

Well...I'm not getting Natal. Those racists, Confederate, KKK bastards at M$ won't get more of my money

j/k I kid, I kid.

^^ LOL Confederate. You trying to get all the Southerners on you?