By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NATAL is racist - Cannot pick up dark skin

Why is thread still not locked? It's already been debunked so i dont see the use.

Around the Network

^Where was it debunked?

Mods should close this thread immediately. Whoever wrote the original article is clearly a racist person. ( Not aimed at the Thread originator ). Why do I say this? There is clear uncut footage of black people playing Natal with no problems whatsoever.

Come On VGChartz stamp this out VERY VERY quickly.

Heres the proof of black people playing Natal with no problems. Exactly the same as white people.

^ But that doesn't prove anything. Haven't you heard the rumours that those video's were misleading etc? Also, that is in a white room, whatever difference that might make.

It is likely a pile of BS, yes.....but I think all this shows that NATAL is along way from coming out

Taz! said:
^ But that doesn't prove anything. Haven't you heard the rumours that those video's were misleading etc? Also, that is in a white room, whatever difference that might make.

It is likely a pile of BS, yes.....but I think all this shows that NATAL is along way from coming out

Are you serious? It's white because the Xbox 360 colour for background is always white. All over E3 it was white. Also the video shows it working perfectly. No hiccups at all. Also please show me proof that these videos are fake.

The original article is nothing but racist. Mods need to be all over this.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Taz! said:

Are you serious? It's white because the Xbox 360 colour for background is always white. All over E3 it was white. Also the video shows it working perfectly. No hiccups at all. Also please show me proof that these videos are fake.

The original article is nothing but racist. Mods need to be all over this.

Yes, I know the 360 colour is white. That dosen't make a difference, you think if Sony had made the exact same product and let these guys tets it they would do it in a black room? No

They had an updated article in the latest headlines with the Sugar Ray vid, so they know about it.  While I too believe its all bull, I doubt they will lock the thread.  I honestly don't think many people really believe it will be a problem at launch.  This is VGChartz, its what they do.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

selnor stop over reacting.

True or Not True no one is saying this is the DOOM of Natal. If true it is something that OBVIOUSLY will get fix before it comes out.

I rather this be BS, and microsoft investigate it as a double check. Hell even if they investigate the effects in different room conditions ie day night and with lights on etc...

I don't think that this is a real problem for NATAL in the long run, but I do think it represents something that a lot of NATAL's biggest supporters have been unwilling to admit (or even let anyone suggest). NATAL is a product that will probably require "Good" conditions at a level that is unprecidented for any user interface that has been tried before, and (as a result) there will be countless problems that occur because of problems within the environment it is used (or based on the user who is using it).

The Wiimote also requires some "Good" environmental conditions, like the sensor bar being unblocked and no bright IR light sources, but not to the extent that NATAL will; and (roughly) 1/4 to 1/2 of people have some issues that are related to environmental conditions that impact their gameplay. When you consider skin tone, clothing, hair style, body size, physical symmetry, furniture, decorations, pets, people eating/drinking while playing games, people in the room, lighting conditions, background noise, accents, and countless other factors it is unlikely that most people will not have some problems related to environmental conditions.

Now, whether these issues are a big deal or not really depends on how common and how serious they are. If (like the Wiimote) someone has to make an occassional adjustment to their environment (close blinds) if they play at a certain time of day, or there is little/no impact to the gameplay associated with a problem, then it won't hurt NATAL in the long run. On the other hand, if half of the people who buy it can't play a game because of how "Crazy" the controls seem then I doubt it would last long.

Taz! said:

Stop trolling, it proves Natal registers black people. That's why this thread is bullshit and should be locked.