By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CVG: Star Ocean: Last Hope review - 5.9

You can never go off of a review scores especially with JRPG titles most are terribly reviewed.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
LordMatrix said:
You can never go off of a review scores especially with JRPG titles most are terribly reviewed.

Because most of them ARE terrible, in fact this is a common misconception, especially on vg chartz.

JRPG's are well reviewed, many of them are......FF, Persona, DQ, Valkyria Chronicles, Lost Oddesy

The ones that are actually bad aren't reviewed well like any game & this gen JRPG standards have been pretty bad, thats because the JRPG that rules them all & the one that always sets the bar for quality isn't out yet.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Sadly, I agree with pretty much everything the reviewer said.

Star Ocean 3 dissapointed me after SO2, but I still consider it to be a good game. This game pretty much ruined tri-ace's credibility for me.

darthdevidem01 said:
LordMatrix said:

Because most of them ARE terrible, in fact this is a common misconception, especially on vg chartz.

JRPG's are well reviewed, many of them are......FF, Persona, DQ, Valkyria Chronicles, Lost Oddesy

The ones that are actually bad aren't reviewed well like any game & this gen JRPG standards have been pretty bad, thats because the JRPG that rules them all & the one that always sets the bar for quality isn't out yet.

ive only seen 3 games this gen that are really terrible(TLR, IU, BD) as for this game it was more of a mixed opinion. Some ppl loved it some hated it(personally i didnt think it was dat bad). And to all the idiots that say JRPG's are msotly terrible, really needs to go and play persona, VC, FF, DQ, LO, TOV...oh and ALL those JRPG's that are on the NDS right now that are kicking some serious ass

reaver_x said:
darthdevidem01 said:
LordMatrix said:

ive only seen 3 games this gen that are really terrible(TLR, IU, BD) as for this game it was more of a mixed opinion. Some ppl loved it some hated it(personally i didnt think it was dat bad). And to all the idiots that say JRPG's are msotly terrible, really needs to go and play persona, VC, FF, DQ, LO, TOV...oh and ALL those JRPG's that are on the NDS right now that are kicking some serious ass

You can say that about every single game ever created. There's always going to be people who love "hated games". Look at me for example. I think that you're nuts by calling Blue Dragon a terrible game. I believe that it is infinitely better that Star Ocean: The Last Hope. I think IU is better as well. Personally, out of the JRPG's that I've played this gen, the only ones I would call terrible are Last Remnant, SO4, and Luminous Arc.

Around the Network

That review seemed pretty harsh...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Given the fact you don't even own a 360, why are you posting reviews here?

Does this mean I can post that 65/100 review of InFamous by GameCritics and say 'This sums up what I saw on the gametrailers videos of the game' in the Sony forum?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Given the fact you don't even own a 360, why are you posting reviews here?

Does this mean I can post that 65/100 review of InFamous by GameCritics and say 'This sums up what I saw on the gametrailers videos of the game' in the Sony forum?

Yes.

And why do I have to own a 360 to post a JRPG review? I want a 360, the 360 has many games that I want, and if you think I am posting this to be anti-360, then you are wrong.

There is one thing I don't understand this generation though, which is the praising of JRPGs that are apparently below par. Of course, these things are subjective, so I can't of course ever be right or wrong, just like critics can't either, but looking at this thread, I'm not alone it seems. And that is one of the things I wanted to find out, and I am in fact happy to see that there are people out there who agree with this reviewer, people who do play JRPGs as well.

I think darth put it pretty well actually.

darthdevidem01 said:
LordMatrix said:

I heard the voice acting. Terrible. Even a 15 year old would be embarrassed. If WKC is anything like this I will be sick.

Ynwa.

lolita said:
The reviewer doesn't even seem to like JRPGs. Anyway, I know the series and it never dissapointed me. So reviews like this just doesn't make me change my mind.

Well, I think it's easily the worst game in the series.

While the score may seem harsh, it's definitely fitting.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.