By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CVG: Star Ocean: Last Hope review - 5.9

I'll give this game an 7.8 / 10.

When it comes to RPG's you should pretty much never listen to what reviewers says these days beacuse frankly they are wrong 9/10.

Better look for "user" grades.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

game is alright...  It's main saving grace is the battle system I love it.. although the targeting leaves a little to be desired. 

Also I really do like the character models except for those SRF npcs that appear during the cut scenes..plus the games graphics while running around the world maps can appear really too bright for my liking >.>

f you like translated anime then you'll pretty much be right at home with the voice acting.. lots of high pitched squeeky voices too. I actually thought they were alright except the odd few.

also the dungeon and maps are just too big for my liking ....

Main gripe is with the cut scenes and dialogue.. personally IMO seems like the story writers were just a little too fond and nostalgic for 80's childrens sci fi stuff.. to me the story screems too much of stuff like star fleet/x-bomber and terrahawks..

I'll give the game about 7/10

Piggychans view reflects my view mostly and I would give 7/10 as well.

I can see why it wont be well received by Western reviewers. It makes no attempt to take JRPGs anywhere forward and has characters and a script tailored for younger audiences. Its still a good solid JRPG for me, just had to shut my brain off, especially when Welch showed up. The cutscenes are too long as well.

I would give 8 to LO and 6 to IU and TLR if you want a point of reference to my opinion.

For reference to me as well.

LO - 9.5
IU - 7
SO4 - 6 (due completely to deep combat system)

Haven't played enough of TLR to give it a complete score.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

lol.. off topic but so sad...

Around the Network

Whoever wrote this review is an idiot. This game deserves no less than an 8. I would give it a 9 personally. Love the game.

This review was 100% INCORRECT.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

I agree with the score....no manual targeting in combat, a collection of the most annoying voices I´ve ever heard in a game, poor character development, terrible pacing in dungeons....too many bad things as far as I´m concerned...I congratulate people who managed to overlook all of that and still give it an 8 or 9 haha.

I thought the voices were done well, accept for Sarah. She sucked hard. The pacing in dungeons and the character development was fine. So yeah 8 or 9 is perfect. Combat was also the best part about the game.

Zezlar said:
Whoever wrote this review is an idiot. This game deserves no less than an 8. I would give it a 9 personally. Love the game.

What makes him an idiot?

Would you say, by extention, that all of us who have agreed with his points are idiots?

Not everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot, my friend.