By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who are better gamers, Girls or boys?

Anyone who thinks the stuff between someone's legs dictates their skill as a gamer is a moron.

I would say that girls have more exposure though. No one notices that the 15 people who just whipped them were guys, but everyone notices if the last one is a girl.

For instance, I remember playing Mechwarrior Black Knight back in the day and there was a girl who played that game who could school everyone and I mean everyone. She was one of maybe 3 girls who played that game though... (the other two weren't much competition at all).

Around the Network

GGE, I'd have to say guys have bigger gaming balls. It's cool you're confident and skilled at games, but you are more of an exception to the rule. Many girls never even give games that test your "skills" a shot.

If we're talking a totally level playing field here(say 100 gamer girls VS 100 gamer guys), I'd say sex probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

Anyways, I encourage girls to play games. Playing girls usually makes me feel better about my skills anyways. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

hermaphrodites are better.

What type of question is this?

mM

Women tend to be better at co-op.

Around the Network

Yes, we all get it, you're the best girl gamer who has ever played a game besides Nintendogs. The thing is, it's an impossible comparison. The ratio of male to female gamers is so huge that it's a bit unfair.

If we're talking about REAL gamers, then obviously girls would be better. If a woman actually has the "balls" to play videogames like Halo, then she's probably going to be very good at it. But for men, there are people who are complete noobs, and then those who could beat you playing with their nostrils.

On average, women would be better gamers, but men are better overall.

Alexie Di Onie said:
Well all I know is that no girl can beat me at Halo, (that is because no human can beat me at Halo)

What's your Gamertag?

Edit: Ok nevermind I just read your second post. If I'm online at some point in the future I might show you a thing or two :D

I don't think its a simple answer. It depends on the player them selves more than what sex they are.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

I wouldn't say I'm better at gaming but I DO FINISH GAMES I BUY! :P

Seriously it depends on everyone I don't think a gender is better than the other... Some guy are better at makeup than girls and some girls are mechanics... So what the hell...? I'm not into steriotypes!

Girl Gamer Elite said:
I'm pretty confident in my skills as one girl, I could make any man here a boy.

So you're saying that you'd whup our asses so bad that you'd re-virginize us? Ouch.

I can't remember the last time I've lost to a girl in a video game, but I also don't know any girls who game anywhere near as much as I do. There might be a gender bias somewhere in gaming, but I think it's more about how much you play, with perhaps some genetic (non-gender genetic) edge.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.