By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who are better gamers, Girls or boys?

epsilon72 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

I say girls, but that's because of an obvious bias. Since many girls don't game or play games that require intense gameplay its really hard to compare either gender given that fact, but I think since girls are suppossed to have more developed fine motor skills that we would typically be more geared towards gaming than boys whose bodies seem to excell at gross motor skills. I can personally outgame almost every boy I know, but what do you folk think?

Who really has the bigger balls when it comes to gaming, the girls or the boys?

I did not notice that phrase.  Since when did women have testicles???

Since they can pwn you in video games, that's when, lol. 

Around the Network

It really depends on the game and how you want to do the comparison.

Are we talking average skill of world male and female population?

Average skill of people males and females who play a video game more than twice a week?

Only FPS games?

etc...

But I will say that in my experience any time there is a game that requires certain players to play support roles like cleric, shaman, etc...Girls do seem to play those roles a lot better than the guys. Guys are usually to busy being the flesh shield on the front line hoping for the adrenaline pumping kill shots etc.. So at the bare minimum you can say there are areas where girls do better than guys.

But I think in general you are going to find that for a given game girls might do better than guys but for every one of those you are going to find at least one where the opposite is true.

Also how would you define gaming? Video games? Board games? Gambling? etc...

To Each Man, Responsibility

Guys are better gamers than women in general. Reason of course being that men are so much more interested in gaming...
However men are often the best at anything. If we look away from the fact that men tend to be born more "freakish" (with good and bad mutations) society tends to accept "nerdishness" among men. Men tend to devote themselves much more to ONE subject. You can take almost any man off the street and he will be able to tell you something you didn't know on a subject you didn't know existed. Women aren't prone to dedicate themselves to that degree at all... Would be fun if we encouraged women to be more nerdish...

Russian bears are better gamers in the world ))
Boys are better at gaming, at driving, at drinking... so altogether it all )))

Well, the only game where I really know what gender I was up against is Soul Calibur 2 , for I always play that game at anime conventions. There were about as many females gaming it against me as there were males , but I've only lost against some female gamers ,when I was going to easy on the, while there was a bunch of guys who played it at the same level as I am or even a little bit better.

So in that game I didn't feel the female domination yet ,although there seem to be about as many females playing it (the ratio of first timers was about the same as the male gamers aswell).

Around the Network

Creative, on-the-fly thinkers are the best gamers... Boys or girls don't matter... I get my ass kicked by both.

I think Online Girls only admit they are girls once they reach a high skill level, this makes it Impossible to judge.
There are some girls out there that a really good, but the very best at RTS and FPS are still guys.
MMORPG's it's pretty split but I think girls are great at organising and communicating.
Girls are great at typing though, a good use of their advanced motor sklls :P

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Ya know, I just don't know who could make better gamers. I've never had any real competition from a woman. But I've never played a woman that was actually a gamer. I guess you'll have to show me what you can do sometime Girl Gamer Elite. ;)

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I don't know if girls could make better games or not. They'd probably want to make casual games.