By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WTF is wrong with this place!

I'm not disgruntled... why would I be?

I'm just trying to spread the truth! :) This site's #'s are for the most part made up. I know, for a fact this is reality, this is truth, this is just how it is :)

Around the Network

guys, whats the point? No matter what u say he will argue. He obviously doesn't think all sales estimates are just that ESTIMATES. Even NPD can't count the largest software retailer in NA, Walmart. So no matter what, they are also wrong.

Best option is to just ignore this user who will be gone soon anyway.

I'd like to take this thread in a more positive direction.

Dolla Dolla: Great avatar! I love that game, and Out of This World that came before it.

Entroper said:

Dolla Dolla: Great avatar! I love that game, and Out of This World that came before it.

Yes, both awesome games.

I actually read in an interview that the Uncharted guys got some inspiration from Delphine Software, so that was encouraging. 

Entroper said:

Any idea when the good estimates of ioi will come up?

Yo Superchunk how are ya kids?

Lost of Tears, finished Halo 3 yet? 

Around the Network
nintendo said:
a publisher. I already told you. Which publisher? Hmmm wouldn't you like to know. :)

Frankly, no. I'd much rather you supply the data to ioi and help this site achieve more accurate numbers.

Think about it: The publisher where you work at pay through the nose to get NPD numbers. If VGChartz could "reach the same degree of accuracy" as your paid source, then your company wouldn't have to invest all that cash just to corroborate sales. That money saved could go into:

- better marketing and publishing for future games, increasing the odds that said games will sell more

- better overall profit margins for the publisher in question

- perhaps even better salaries for the employees (yourself included) thanks to the savings

- a free site where everyone can get reliable, accurate sales data

That would be much better IMO. It benefits everyone - including you and your publisher!

Entroper said:

Does this help?

Well this is pointless. This is just a child with a vendetta. If he had any actual source he would use it to increase his credibility. The fact that he doesn't pretty much summarizes everything about him: who cares? If you had any way to back up your claims you would.

Back to our new positive direction: How are the Halo 3 owners enjoying their new game? It looks great. I'll get to play it for the first time tomorrow at a friend's and I'm really looking forward to it.

Please tell us where the errors are so we may fix them. We want the data to be as accurate as possible for North American (USA+Canada) data, this data are scaled up roughly 10% from the NPD Group to reflect Canada also whom is not included in NPD research. We want to have as accurate data as possible so if you can help us achieve that in any way it would be greatly appreciated.
We appreciate you bringing to light that there is incorrect data so would you be willing to contact ioi, the webmaster, to help us create the greatest and most exhaustive compilation of video game sales data ever attempted on the internets for data not just from Japan? So far this is the best we can do from our limited sources, we unfortunately do not receive data for 65% of the U.S. retailers as the NPD does but are attempting to expand our retailer involvement over time to increase accuracy. If you are really a publisher we'd love to have your participation. Thanks. Please contact ioi.

"The next time someone tells you Compact Discs are the wave of the future, tell them the future doesn't belong to snails!" - Nintendo Power, April 1994