By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best launch games

Best launch games: Resistance: Fall of Man Ridge Racer 7 Resistance ROCKS !!

Around the Network

RR7 looks good in 1080p...

resistance is an amazing game!

My favorite launch game ever was Super Mario 64. I'll leave before tomatoes start flying at me.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

This thread is already posted, I go to find the old thread.

On Topic: Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros. 

Edit: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21264 

Around the Network

Why do people give Resistance so much credit? It's only popular because there was nothing else available at the time. I admit, it's a decent launch title but other than that it's not that good of a game.

The basic premise it lame, the art style is boring, the game is easily broken (start a level and just run through it and see what happens), and the gameplay is completely uninspired. I could get the same exact experience by playing almost any other FPS.

As for on topic, I would say Rayman Raving Rabbids was a great launch title along with Excite Truck. Also, was Dead Rising a launch title? I know Kameo was and it was pretty good.

Nintendo has done pretty well when it comes to launch games on everything except the Cube. Super Mario Brothers (NES), Super Mario World (SNES), Mario 64 (N64) and Wii Sports (Wii) really showed off what the system was capable of and why players needed to get the new systems.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Resistance: Fall of Man
Mario 64

Halo, Super Mario 64

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Power Stone
Tetris
Halo