By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV: Free-to-Play and beta announcement on PS3

Hmmm. Free mmo's is very successful. Just look at Perfect World, for example. Sure they dont have millions and millions of users, but they sure have a lot, and is squeezing money out of them with shops that sells unique items for real money. heck... even the expansions in Perfect World is free.

But.. This is Square Enix so.. Who knows?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

This game has leveled up in my estimation, it earns
Interest+5
Win +1
Hype +1

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

And just like other F2P games they will offer people to buy special equipment etc etc with real money...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

anyone got beta invited for PS3 yet?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^^
guys this thread is old, notice how it said "Yesterday , the trailer was released" they're talking about the day after Sony's E3.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

2pac is alive?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I was gonna buy this anyway but free to play = 1st day purchase!!thanks for the info Karim btw, you made my day!!

heruamon said:
ssj12 said:
I'll take the subscription based PC version, thank you very much.

My sentiments exactly...I don't have a problem paying for a MMO, if it is worth it.  I've tried F2P, and I don't like them, and evidently, since I've yet to see any challenge WoW, or any of the other pay for play MMOs, I'll stick with my assestment that F2P = not top tier quality.  Now, if FF14 is going to be like GW...that's a different story...and it's certianly not going to be anything like FF11.

i do agree with you, i am an avid wow player and i feel 25 euro for 60days of pure fun is perfect by me. Its less than half the price of a night out and we get quality servers and 10/10 customer support.