By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think this E3 has killed Sony is Dead Threads?

Since there weren't any giant enemy crabs or Ridge Racer...Sony is still good. Having said that, there will still be Sony is Dead threads, just like there will be many more Microsoft and Natal are dead threads, and Nintendo's Finger Vitality signals Nintendo are dead threads.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Reasonable doubt about the potential long term success of Sony as a company were based on doubts about the viability of the business model that made Sony so successful, and the underlying trouble that is evident in Sony's financial statements ... When we're talking about Sony as a Console manufacturer there are legitimate concerns about the PS3 and PSP because they are (currently) unable to maintain their sales rate due to Sony's inability to justify their price tag with high quality exclusive content and E3 really hasn't changed that.

While it is insane to assume there won't be a PS3 on the market in 2010, I think it is entirely reasonable to suggest that the PS3 may be struggling in 2011 if something doesn't change for the PS3 (and fast).

Wow i am super flawed that people are still saying this... makes me sick....

darthdevidem01 said:
@munkeh111

It won't, no-one knows anything about it

When you will see FF13 & VErsus 13 on one shelf, you will tend to think VErsus 13 is the spin off

thats how the mind works for most people (and FF has a casual following).......its not versus 13's fault

Also PS3 Sim In Japan + FF13 this year with a price cut is my prediction.....we know what that will do to the sales (lol)!!!

Versus will be out a year later, certainly in Japan, and after the success of XIII it will sell plently, especially if they point out it is from the team behind Kingdom Hearts

Dno said:
HappySqurriel said:

Reasonable doubt about the potential long term success of Sony as a company were based on doubts about the viability of the business model that made Sony so successful, and the underlying trouble that is evident in Sony's financial statements ... When we're talking about Sony as a Console manufacturer there are legitimate concerns about the PS3 and PSP because they are (currently) unable to maintain their sales rate due to Sony's inability to justify their price tag with high quality exclusive content and E3 really hasn't changed that.

While it is insane to assume there won't be a PS3 on the market in 2010, I think it is entirely reasonable to suggest that the PS3 may be struggling in 2011 if something doesn't change for the PS3 (and fast).

Wow i am super flawed that people are still saying this... makes me sick....

What announcements made at E3 will change the declining sales Sony has in 2009 (as compared to the same timeframe in 2008) within 12 months?

The reason I put the time limit on it is that continued declining sales of the PS3 and time to negotiate gives Microsoft an opportunity to convince third party publishers to release any exclusive PS3 game (for 2010/2011 release) for the XBox 360.

@ happy squrriel, so they are declining, they are much higher priced than the competition, and we all know that that is going to change. The idea that they won't be on the market in 2011 is also insane. By then it will be much cheaper, and frankly, the difference between Sony and Microsoft is first party studios, and I don't think that anyone would disagree that Sony wins there, and so will still be providing plenty of content to justify buying a playstation over an Xbox. For now, Microsoft can get a few exclusives, though not many. The 2 main 3rd party exclusives announced/shown at E3 were Agent and SC Conviction, both of which were announced as exclusive several years ago, and the lack of 3rd party exclusives is going to continue. So they don't really need to do much radical beyond dropping the price, because their first party is better than Microsofts, by some way, and that is the best thing that Sony have been doing relatively recently, developing their first party studio, and 2nd party studio links

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
2 million EACH from 3 FF releases

gosh.....you have no clue do you txrattlesnake

FF13 will lead to ALL FF fans buying a PS3

FF14 may bring new people into the franchise so it may help.....but 2 Million from FF Versus XIII.....lol

FF Versus XIII won't cross 1 million SW sold in japan.....forget bringing in 2 million people to the console

Using your logic, the PS2 would never have sold more than 10 million worldwide.  And FF Versus XIII will  certainly pass 1 million sol in Japan.  Both FF X-2 and Crisis Core sold over 2 million in Japan and Versus is a full-fledged Nomura game and his first on any console this gen.

@happysquirrel, the PS3 won't sell more than 500,000 the rest of this gen in Japan? They probably sold over 200,000 units combined in just the 11 weeks in a row that they beat the Wii there earlier this year.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Sony's PSP Go is enough to fuck them up.

Get the fuck out of here

Seriously, that's the worst psp news since .... Well, a long time. It's a smaller system, I'll give sony that, but they nerfed it at every possible corner. It's not a psp in my book. You can just as easily buy a used-new psp and an 8 gig memory stick and even 5 games for the price of one psp go.  AND YOU COULD USE YOUR OLD UMD GAMES.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Yeah right PSP Go especially considering its launching with the amazing GT PSP and has the true sequel to the 4 million selling Metal Gear Solid 4.

No, they will live on. Nothing can silence the Xbots.