By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Name Something you want Fixed in Super Mario Galaxy 2

I want a return to the Pre-Mario Sunshine days (i.e. I want a return to how it was in Mario 64)where you could effectively go for any star you want when you are in a level other than the stars where you race someone. In Sunshine and Galaxy you have to go for the stars in each level in order. It is especially a problem in Galaxy cause the path completely changes depending on which star it is. I want to be able to go into a world and get whichever star I choose and not just the one selected for me by Nintendo.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Fix the huge lack of difficulty.

Make levels a lot harder, stop sprinkling extra lives everywhere and bundling them in letters.

Or use a difficulty select option. Hardest = 1 hit death on every level.

This. Oh, and add more holes too, just like in the old Mario games! xD

I think the game doesn't need more fixing than that.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

mikey said:
No spring suit, please! =)

What? The spring suit was my favourite suit in the entire game! It was awesome!

The only thing I didn't like was that weird eurotrance music that played when you got a Fire/Ice flower. They've already said the game will be more difficult, so I'm fine with that.

Shift people working in Mario Galaxy 2 into Zelda project.

Around the Network

Get rid of lives altogether. No limit to continues.

There's no real punishment for getting a game over, so save me the tedium of going back to the title screen.

You want Nintendo to take the Ubisoft approach?

If only they had made Prince of Persia hard in the first place...! It all depends on the development and what they want in the game.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

SHMUPGurus said:
You want Nintendo to take the Ubisoft approach?

If only they had made Prince of Persia hard in the first place...! It all depends on the development and what they want in the game.

I think it's the natural progression of the genre. I never actually got a game over in Mario Galaxy, but the fact remains that because there is no linear progression to the levels that there is no actual punishment for getting a game over. Given this, there's no reason to have a Game Over event, ever, for any reason.

So. Get rid of them.

I'm not saying you can't die. I'm saying to get rid of lives.

You know what they should do? Make it so when you die, you can't continue where you left off: you start right at the beginning of the level! That would be cruel and yet, at the same time, make the players think before doing certain actions.

Kind of like in the old games, where you had 3 lives, 0 continue, and when it was Game Over, well that was it. They need to suit it for the casual gamers a bit though (that's why I like the idea I said right above this).

Random game thought :

I don't think that's what they're going for. We've had checkpoints implemented since the SNES days and I see no reason to get rid of them now - though it should be noted that this is what is done on the Trickster Comet challenges.

I don't care about the game being difficult. Mario Galaxy's difficulty was just about perfect for my first playthrough. I just want it to be fun, and I want to experience it.

I play Ninja Gaiden and God Hand for difficulty - I play Mario because I like running and jumping.