By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Name Something you want Fixed in Super Mario Galaxy 2

I want more surreal level design and perspective. I love the Dali/Escher inspired levels and rooms. As long as they take this further, perhaps even more influece from other surrealist artists, i will be happy.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Camera. You had no control over the camera for so much of the time in Galaxy. Make it at least as good as Mario 64's

Aslong as this doesn't conflict with the upside down head twisting perspective shifts i am cool with this.

I reiterate, one of BEST things about SMG is the manipulation of your understanding of how Mario is controlled, and your view of it, needs to be constatly readjusted. I still think Gusty Gardens is the best example of this trick and this is why its one of my fav. worlds.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

First two posts covered my complaints. The hub in Galaxy may as well have been a list like in Yoshi's Island. I want something interesting and complicated like the Peach's castle in 64.
I really want Koopalings. When I saw the airships and all the other SMB3 references it got my hopes up. Then, bam, Bowser Jr. :(

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

I like the hub... Easy to access to all stages in a few seconds...

-As a version 2 of the game, I would be grateful if the game was larger and more difficult... (more levels like the luigi's purple coins )

-Please, the bee costume... OUT...

-Also I prefer larger levels instead of different versions of each level in order to get a different star.

-A 2 - 4 player game mode is needed too... maybe mini games as the new super mario bros ones... or something different (as I understand 4 player game would be impossible to do without changing the gameplay of the 1 player game).

In any case, if SMG2 is as good as SMG1, I'd be happy anyway

Ryudo said:
RCTjunkie said:
, scarier,

HUH!? It's mario not resident evil or silent hill.

Sorry, I wasn't specific.

I want more "haunted" levels, or more enemies that "jump" like that falling hand from Ocarina of Time.

Around the Network
Mr.Y said:

No letters from Peach with extra lives attached.

seconded, i had several conversations with one of my friends on how stupid the lives system was.  i mean, why did it get rid of all the extra lives i earned in the levels each time i loaded the game up only to give me in infinite supply in those stupid letters.

either get rid of the lives system all together or make the extra lives i earn mean something.

i have no other complaints - just wow me SMG2. xD

I love how the second controller could be used to aid Mario. But I enjoyed it the most when it was used to sabotage Mario. Therefore I would give the second controller the ability to do more to interact with Mario.

bring back the cape!

hes in space nintendo!

give him the cape, itd be awesome to spin on a planet flying downwards. from same game as yoshi came out too.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

I would only ask that they polish the controls and camera, they weren't bad in the first but I felt they were the only rough elements. I was fine with the hub world, bigger one would be nice but only if its done right, no point putting a bigger one just for the sake of it.

shyguys in astronaut suits