By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I think Forza 3 will crack 5M+ overall units sold.

twingo said:
waron said:

actually GT5 or actual lack of GT5 in stores might have influence on Forza 3 sales. if ms will bundle forza 3 with 360 ps3 owners or people who were waiting to buy ps3 with GT5 will buy Forza 3. and bout that Forza 3 for 40$ i would guess it could be a Xbox 360 classics version that MS could release JUST a few weeks before GT5.

GT fans wont give a rats ass. Forza2 already proved that.

GT5P sales are near the best selling Forza ever.

i don't want to start GT vs Forza, but back when forza was released people were waiting for demo and fought GT5 will be released soon after Prologue and people now are tired of waiting so Forza 3 can steal lots of casual racing fans that would always pick out Gt games cause they didn't have any choice. now they either can buy ps3 for twice as much as for 360 and a demo or 360 and Forza 2 or/and Forza 3.

Around the Network

Put some Microsoft marketing in the mix and you have a possible yes.

waron said:
twingo said:
waron said:

actually GT5 or actual lack of GT5 in stores might have influence on Forza 3 sales. if ms will bundle forza 3 with 360 ps3 owners or people who were waiting to buy ps3 with GT5 will buy Forza 3. and bout that Forza 3 for 40$ i would guess it could be a Xbox 360 classics version that MS could release JUST a few weeks before GT5.

GT fans wont give a rats ass. Forza2 already proved that.

GT5P sales are near the best selling Forza ever.

i don't want to start GT vs Forza, but back when forza was released people were waiting for demo and fought GT5 will be released soon after Prologue and people now are tired of waiting so Forza 3 can steal lots of casual racing fans that would always pick out Gt games cause they didn't have any choice. now they either can buy ps3 for twice as much as for 360 and a demo or 360 and Forza 2 or/and Forza 3.

Steal what ? GT5p is at 3..7 million and the best seeling Forza at 4 million.

It quite obvious GT fans are staying where they are.

And bud the reason for 50 Skylines is why GT sales so damn well, i want to use the car i own in GT not a similar model.  It must be the exact same one.  Forza devs fail to understand that.

People will buy GT casue their specific Skyline or Evo is in it, not casue a Ferrari or Carera is there. 

If it does, we can just say 'IT WAS BUNDLED!' and thus dismiss any notion of it selling well on the back of its own quality/advertising.

See: MGS4, LBP, Uncharted...

EDIT: I disagree with you. Again. I don't think I've agreed with any of your predictions, actually, and I feel left out

Predict something I can agree with!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

The graphics alone will go a long way, and given how MS havent had a title yet that is large and flashy, this could be the game that they decide to hype the hell out off.

Around the Network

Not a chance if it doesn't get bundles like Forza 2 did.  If it does, it has a chance.

Motorstorm is a prime example of how helpful bundling can be.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Why does everyone keep saying 'IF it was bundled' as if it wasn't a foregone conclusion?

5 million is an easily achievable, because the game WILL be bundled without a doubt.

It will probably be bundled but not to the extent Forza 2 was.

Just go back and look at the charts. Forza 2 was pretty much dead after a few weeks and then all of a sudden it starts selling 200k a week in America alone all throughout Q4 2007!

2 million max for Forza 3. The franchise is even less popular than PGR.

your a madman.

twingo said:

Steal what ? GT5p is at 3..7 million and the best seeling Forza at 4 million.

It quite obvious GT fans are staying where they are.

And bud the reason for 50 Skylines is why GT sales so damn well, i want to use the car i own in GT not a similar model.  It must be the exact same one.  Forza devs fail to understand that.

People will buy GT casue their specific Skyline or Evo is in it, not casue a Ferrari or Carera is there. 

Seriously? People want to use the car they own?