By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I think Forza 3 will crack 5M+ overall units sold.

I think, you should make a thread Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo Poratble,
scores, sales.

Both come in October,
800 cars vs 400 cars,
35 tracks(with 60 variotions) vs 100 tracks.

I wonder, which one will sell better.)
Maybe, i will make it later. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
RPG said:
I see no reason why not however since GT has already been dragged into this just like any other thread I can bet a ban or whatever that GT5 will outsell Forza 3 at least 2:1.

Why should people drag GT5 any more into this? In this case its F3 vs F2, any comparison with GT5 has to come later unless the game miraculously makes a 2009 release.

Tease.

I say 3.25 million. It's only going to sell 50-75,000 copies in Japan.

Miraculously? Didn't PD say it would release sooner than expected? And wouldn't the PSP version being released give an indication that they were able to spare people to work on PSP. I can see them releasing GT5 in Dec. with GT5PSP compatibility

Squilliam said:
RPG said:
I see no reason why not however since GT has already been dragged into this just like any other thread I can bet a ban or whatever that GT5 will outsell Forza 3 at least 2:1.

Why should people drag GT5 any more into this? In this case its F3 vs F2, any comparison with GT5 has to come later unless the game miraculously makes a 2009 release.

actually GT5 or actual lack of GT5 in stores might have influence on Forza 3 sales. if ms will bundle forza 3 with 360 ps3 owners or people who were waiting to buy ps3 with GT5 will buy Forza 3. and bout that Forza 3 for 40$ i would guess it could be a Xbox 360 classics version that MS could release JUST a few weeks before GT5.

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
I think, you should make a thread Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo Poratble,
scores, sales.

Both come in October,
800 cars vs 400 cars,
35 tracks(with 60 variotions) vs 100 tracks.

I wonder, which one will sell better.)
Maybe, i will make it later. =)

take out 60 different versions of skylines and another overcopied cars and i doubt there would be more than 130. Forza will have 400 DIFFERENT cars GT series always have way too many coppied cars only with different colors also they said about 100 tracks, but Forza always have many variations and courses on certain track(so it might be even 300+courses) and that's the end of this offtopic.

waron said:
Squilliam said:
RPG said:

actually GT5 or actual lack of GT5 in stores might have influence on Forza 3 sales. if ms will bundle forza 3 with 360 ps3 owners or people who were waiting to buy ps3 with GT5 will buy Forza 3. and bout that Forza 3 for 40$ i would guess it could be a Xbox 360 classics version that MS could release JUST a few weeks before GT5.

There is truth in that, but I prefer to dodge the whole inaccurate assessement of incomplete information GT5 v F3 debates. Its more harmful to a thread than any useful information you could glean from it.

Tease.

Even with bundling, Forza 3 will achieve at the most 3.5 million sales, but there's no way in hell it's going to reach 5 million.

Without bundling, it will barely get to 1.5 million. The last Forza before being bundled could barely keep up with Motorstorm.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

If bundled, yes.

waron said:

GT fans wont give a rats ass.  Forza2 already proved that. 

GT5P sales are near the best selling Forza ever.