By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I think Forza 3 will crack 5M+ overall units sold.

The last game of the series has hit 4M LTD numbers overall, so is there any reason not to think that the next game won't do even better? Its designed to be even more accessible than the previous game, they said that even their 6 year olds had fun playing the game and the video/painting features indicate that the community will be even stronger than ever. Obviously the visual improvements would play a part too, but they are really just cosmetic and I doubt that they alone will be a significant factor in the success of the game. I don't doubt there will be bundling, but the overall userbase of the console will be cracking 40M at or soon after the end of this year and more people will be able to enjoy the game than ever before.

Tease.

Around the Network

Im thinking 3.5m, all my xbox friends are only buying Halo ODST

With bundles... possibly, after a few years.

Without bundles, not a chance.

Carl2291 said:
With bundles... possibly, after a few years.

Without bundles, not a chance.

But theres not a chance there won't be bundles!!

Tease.

Possible.

Around the Network

It was heavily bundled for like 6 months with the Pro and Core/Arcade models. With another game (the marvel game i think) That 6 months included Christmas. Before it was bundled it only reached like 2 million

@JEDE3

WOAH so GT5:P outsold it technically

JEDE3 said:
It was heavily bundled for like 6 months with the Pro and Core/Arcade models. With another game (the marvel game i think) That 6 months included Christmas. Before it was bundled it only reached like 2 million

The lowest selling game in that bundle was Viva Pinata at 1.5M sales. So I think its safe to say that as Viva Pinata 2 sold ~500k that the bundles were only 1/4 of the overall sales.

Tease.

You got my vote!

You're forgeting GT5P was heavily bundled in Japan and moderatly bundled in Others too. So GT5P vs Forza2 is very skewed