By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why FF14 is the BIGGEST announcement of E3........

1. It's a MMO. Last FFMMO was FF11, which, as I understand it, was a disappointment.

2. After FF13, and with Wii-KH3 rumors swirling, and with the PS3's third place standing firmly in place, I think that many people will be taking exclusivity with a grain of salt. Even if it doesn't change, by the time FF14 comes to a store shelf, we'll be into the next generation of systems, and no one will care about its impact on console sales.

3. Maybe they should focus more on releasing FF13 before hyping FF14.

Around the Network

this will also be huge in America trust me.
Square Enix kept its sony fans anticipated for a long time and trust me they will respond

People don't sem to be impressed.

4 ≈ One

Can we all just shut the hell up and just wait and see, my god...
Ive yet to see any hard evidence on wether or not this will be a success/failure...
This is another game at E3 that will end up just being a wait and see.

FF14 main and not online would be huge; instant E3 winner but online-only? No

Around the Network

1.) It is a MMO, and it is certainly not a failure or a dissapointment. Sure it doesn't have the amount of subscribers as WoW, but it sure as hell gave more quality. All of my friends in RL play FFXI and we have a blast. The game definitely gives you your moneys worth. I didn't like it much at the start but now it's incredible.

2.) True I don't know how this stands, We'll have to wait and see at tommrows SE Press Conference.

3.) That's like telling Microsoft to release Halo: ODST before they announce Halo: Reach. You don't see people crying about that now do you.

Online MMO Final Fantasy is not "real" Final Fantasy (I'm sure FFXI is decent enough, but it's basically it's own thing like Crystal Bearers), that's why a lot of people aren't flipping out over the announcement.

If it was a traditional installment in the FF series, people would've then gone crazy.

well at least we get to toooooorment other ppl xD just like 13 multi was announce ;p

I think we'll have to wait and see.

Pricing structure will play a massive role in how well it does.

I'm hoping it succeeds personally, not because I wanted a thriving online community, but because it paves the way for more MMO's (DC Universe Online being the one I'm interested in).

question will 14 have story and online like wkc?